Granny clothes!

Options
I'm not sure how many of you young 40's women actually shop in granny shops, but you don't have to.

I find I can fit into XXL clothes at Old Navy comfortably, and they are not granny clothes. You have to really look at some of the clothes, because there are some quality issues, but I find the jeans, shorts, tshirts, and sweaters are good. The price is especially good when you can find things in the clearance section. $5 tshirts that actually fit, and don't make me look middle aged, I'll take two! Especially the jeans that fit just below the waist, 'cause they don't dig into my "lack" of waist.

I don't know any other Canadian stores that fit me, that aren't expensive, and don't make me look like my mom.

Replies

• elle0567
    Options
    Forever 21 also has plus sizes that start at XL...now this store is typically for the younger crowd, but I find the plus sizes a lot more age appropriate.
    There's also a new store in Canada (originally from U.S.A) called Maurices...they too have plus sizes...check them out at www.maurices.com

:flowerforyou:
  • daoc1972
    daoc1972 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My clothes don't fit anymore, but I am not at my goal weight yet. I don't want to spend $ on clothes that will end up too big in a few months. I was thinking about hitting the thrift store to get some basics. Any other suggestions?

I'm saving up for a huge shopping spree when I get stable at my goal weight. :bigsmile:
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    I tried looking for clothes at a few thrift stores and did not find a thing. The only thing I found was a Halloween Costume. The suggestion I have is just buy a few new items. I wasted lots of money on gas running to the thrift stores. I was able to get a pair of shorts for $8.00 at Walmart. I spent more than that looking at thrift stores.
  • ROWinCO
    Options
    I shop 2nd hand stores when I am between weights and I also shop the clearance racks.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    eBay is also a great place to shop when you're changing sizes. Stick to brands you know fit...
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    My new place is goodwill. I have gone from 3x scrubs to size xl and large. I don't find something every time I go (I'm extremely picky) but I've gotten quite a few scrub pants and some fabulous jeans.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    My favorite shops: Macys (probably 90% of my clothes), Express (tops usually fit - not so much the bottoms), Old Navy & Gap for t-shirts, JCPenney (depending on the season - sometimes they have a lot, sometimes they have nothing).

I know a lot of people love Nordstrom Rack,, TJ Maxx and those stores - I have No patience for that. But there are some seriously good deals to be found if you don't mind the hunt.
  • mghoward10
    mghoward10 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Goodwill is great for people changing sizes often. Look for thrift shops in the "nicer" areas of town & have patience. You won't always find something...but there are great finds often enough to keep looking!
  • rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I shop 2nd hand stores when I am between weights and I also shop the clearance racks.

Me too!! :happy:
  • daoc1972
    daoc1972 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Now I'm embarrassed to say that I am a pack-rat. I went "shopping" in my own closet and found pants that fit. They have about 8 years of dust on them, but they fit OK. No need to hit the thrift store yet.
  • SameMe_JustLess
    SameMe_JustLess Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Right now I am wearing basic clothes, and dressing them up with a fun necklace or cute mani! I hate spending money on clothes right now. Saving the cash for shopping at the mid-way point and at the end! Or, maybe new workout clothes!!