Daily Mini-Challenges

Options
SageGoddess320
SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
Tuesday, October 2

Walk, Jog, Run, or Bike for at least 1 mile today!

Replies

• re_freshME
    Options
    I did the stairmaster for 20 mins today and stolled my two boys for 50 mins. That felt good. It doesn't stop right there. I plan on attending a cycling class later this evening. Should burn me at least 700 cals and about 20 or more miles.
  • batgirlmama
    batgirlmama Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I ran three and felt fantastic!
  • re_freshME
    Options
    I did the stairmaster for 20 mins today and stolled my two boys for 50 mins. That felt good. It doesn't stop right there. I plan on attending a cycling class later this evening. Should burn me at least 700 cals and about 20 or more miles.

Yay! Went to the cycling class and burnt my one hour and over 800 calories. Over 20 miles accomplished.
  • SageGoddess320
    Options
    Great job ladies! In addition to my regular morning workout, I did 1.5 miles on the treadmill after work. We're gonna kill this challenge!

Keep up the hard work everyone!
  • SageGoddess320
    Options
    Wednesday, October 3

-Complete 30 minutes of your choice of cardio

If anyone else has any ideas for Mini-Challenges, please chime in :smile:
  • GardenDelight
    GardenDelight Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Did P90X sculpt this morning for 43 min. but think I need to do my cardio when I get home from work. Even if it is going for my walk. Weather is fab!!!!
  • SageGoddess320
    Options
    Friday, October 5th

Today's mini challenge.....SQUATS!

Complete 10 sets of 10 squats. Enjoy the burn!
  • GardenDelight
    GardenDelight Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Burnin'.....squats set 3.....set 5...whew!....7....glutes AND quads...yay!!! 10!
  • SageGoddess320
    Options
    Monday, October 8

Today's Mini-Challenge....Push Yourself! Add an additional 15 minutes to your regular workout. This can be extra cardio, yoga, walking, etc. The whole idea is to take it past that comfort level and push yourself further.
  • re_freshME
    Options
    I can do it.
  • SageGoddess320
    Options
    Monday, October 15

It's crunching time!
    25 - regular crunches
    25 - reverse crunches
    25 - bicycle crunches

Care to share what you've been doing to ensure you get the weight off by Turkey Day?
  • committowalk
    committowalk Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I stopped driving to the park and ride and instead I am walking. I now walk about 80-90 minutes round-trip to work and my goal is to get on my elliptical for at least 30 minutes 3-4 times a week. Hopefully if I do all that and watch my food choices I can drop 10-12 pounds by Thanksgiving! It's slow going though. I started 11 days ago with the extra exercise and gained 2 pounds! Ugh. I'm starting to drop now, though, so hopefully it will start really coming off.
  • re_freshME
    Options
    Hello! Since working with a personal trainer, he has been kicking my butt. I have been working with weights and machines to get some progress going. In the meantime, I have been going to cycling and zumba classes for cardio. Now, most importantly, comes the nutritional part. Any suggestions? I am open to any help I can get. Thank you in advance.