High Testosterone Symptom: Tree Trunk Legs!

Options
Leeny01
Leeny01 Posts: 48 Member
Hi ladies,
This has got to be one of my biggest pet peeves about having PCOS with high testosterone levels - I have tree trunk calves! My calves are big...but if you hit them, they are solid as a rock. As soon as I start exercising, even just cardio, they get even more solid and even bigger in only a day or two! It's the craziest thing. I'll give you an example: I bought skinny jeans over Christmas at home and then went back to the city I was living in at the time. I do a lot of walking since I'm in the city, so literally within a few days, the skinny jeans were loose on the top and TIGHT as anything on the bottom!

That being said, can anyone relate to this particular thing? Has anyone found something that helps to shrink them?

Replies

• SereneRose
    SereneRose Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I suffer from the same thing mine are huge and thick so are my thighs and as soon as I do any exercise they become solid as a rock. When I do manage to lose some inches they never come from the calves very frustrating as I look so manly.

Hope you find a solution.
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    huh... i have noticed that my cankles are less, well canklicious since I lost weight.
  • SuperMammaLeah
    SuperMammaLeah Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have the same issues!! I thought I was the only one!
  • Leeny01
    Options
    I'm not glad that you ladies suffer with this as well but I'm glad I'm not alone! I never put two and two together until a few months ago. I've seen girls who lose a lot of weight but it seems like their legs don't ever shrink! Keep checking back and hopefully we find a solution!

P.S. Canklelicious - love it lol
  • LoyalAngel16
    LoyalAngel16 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have the big muscly legs too. But I have notice that my cows are getting smaller. Just trying to embrace the nice big muscles. I always thought they were muscular before but now that the weight has gone down, I can notice that they are more toned now.
  • glitteringloke
    Options
    I love my calves. They're big, but shapely. my biggest gripe is that I can't fit into sexy knee high boots :/
  • usfirefly
    usfirefly Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, I ride my bike practically everywhere if I am not walking, so I got calfs out of steal! sad though that I can't wear boots,I would love to wear some cute boots, but there is no way...
    and skinny jeans will never be for me they just never fit...
  • elldeeldn
    Options
    Yes!! I never thought about it being a symptom of high testosterone but my calves are like rocks. In fact, a physio I was seeing for an achilles problem described them as like granite! My legs have always been quite muscular and at least now I have lost some weight that is starting to emerge from the flab. They'll never be skinny but I don't really mind.
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    even at my thinnest.. a size 4/115lbs.. i could NEVER fit my monster calfs in boots. *hangs head* i hate it. I do notice that since i have taken up running, it has slimmed them down a bit, instead of bulking them
  • uglydeuce
    uglydeuce Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I feel like a weirdo because I love my giant muscly calves.
  • kattlindhjem
    kattlindhjem Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I hate my calves too! I can't buy any cute boots, and I live in Norway where it is super cold and snowy like half of the year! it's really inconvenient! Let me know if you find a solution, PLEASE!!!
  • katidid213
    katidid213 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Same problem (16" calves). I have some cute knee high boots that I SQUEEZE my legs into but always regret it. Such is life :(
  • nornas42
    nornas42 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Wow... I never thought my rock-hard super calves were related to PCOS, but now I see it! I've always had muscular legs and my calves were always super fit & solid no matter what I weighed.

I love my calves... I really wish I could find knee-high boots that fit.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of this, but I have them too. Rock hard, no fat, and 16" around...
  • Leeny01
    Options
    Wow, it's so crazy how many of us deal with this! It drives me crazy, especially in the boots/dresses department. I hate showing my legs for things. Mine look especially dumb because I have really tiny feet. If anyone sees any success with bringing them down, keep us updated!
  • Qfrump
    Qfrump Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My high testosterone inspired me to use the heavier weights during zumba today. Yeah! I also wondered if I had tried to be an athlete (ha!) if my testosterone level would have gotten me accused of doping or banned from competition for an unfair advantage. I'm not sure where the cuttoff is.
  • birdiephd77
    Options
    I have the same thing. My calves are 19" and I can't find cute boots either. I did want to share that at the beginning of the winter, I did find a pair at Payless that were black and came up high. They had them in wide width and wide calf. I was leary, but they fit my 19" calves. I am usually not a fan of Payless, but was thrilled to find them. Not sure if they still have them, but if you are looking for cute boots, check them out.