Hey There!

Options
I'm new to MFP, thought it might be a good idea to pop into some groups where I could develop a support base and what better than one filled with people around my age! I'm a 21 year old film student from Ontario, I've got a semester and a bit left until graduation and I would love to walk to the podium with the new and improved me!

Over the last year I've lost around 60lbs through weight watchers and moderate activity but then in February of this year I fell in love and fell out of love with my diet/exercise regime and so I've gained about 10lbs. But that was the wake up call I needed to get myself back into gear and since my WW subscription has expired I thought I might as well save money for the new wardrobe I'll need and join a free site like this.

So hoping to make some new friends, add me and I'll add you back! I'd love to have as much online support as I can get.

Replies

• parkermc0405
    parkermc0405 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm (relatively) new to MFP as well and am also motivated to be in better shape for graduation in May :) I also had success with weight watchers online, but now that I've switched to this I'm hoping the online interaction will help keep me motivated. I hope this site works out as well as WW did!

-Kenzie
  • kcastronaro
    Options
    Yeah weight watchers was great for me cos it taught me the portion control I needed and I was such a stickler about getting the points for everything I ate. I think calories will be a challenge for me cos I'm used to the notion of being able to eat unlimited fruit/veg thanks to WW and here I have to track those sorts of things but I embrace the challenge because if I could stick to a point system I can stick to 1300/cal a day!

(at least I want to keep myself motivated with the idea that i can, haha.)
  • parkermc0405
    parkermc0405 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've definitely noticed that with the fruits in veggies too. Usually the fruit is what puts me over the top on my calories because I'm not used to thinking about it and some of them have a lot of calories! I think this is a little easier to track though since you don't have to whip out the points calculator anytime you want to check if you can have something new :P But I really like how similar this tracking system is to the WW app where you can just search for certain foods and it usually has all of the information you need. Since you were super good with the WW program, I bet the switch won't be too hard :)