The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks

Options
tammihart
tammihart Posts: 963 Member
I am excited to start this one. It was my suggestion, I received it as a birthday gift. Starting it tonight!

Happy Reading!!:smile:

Replies

• eriktice
    eriktice Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Will start it sometime next week as I'm still reading the Splendor of Silence.
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Just got my copy....when is this one supposed to be finished by? Oct. 5? It's not hard to confuse me! :laugh:
  • tammihart
    Options
    Just got my copy....when is this one supposed to be finished by? Oct. 5? It's not hard to confuse me! :laugh:

Yes, you are on track! Have you read either of the other books?

Book Club so far

8/24- The Night Circus
    9/7- The Splendor of Silence
    9/21- The Lucky One

Books are announced the week before start date to allow everyone to get them
  • cds2001
    Options
    I'll finish Night Circus this weekend. I'm skipping the 2nd one because I couldn't get it at library.
  • tammihart
    Options
    Finished it today. I really liked it! I am curious to see the movie now.

Just like Nicholas Sparks other books it is a feel good romance.
  • cds2001
    Options
    So far the most difficult thing for me with this book is trying to pronounce Thibault the correct way. I'm focusing way more on that than the story. :laugh:
  • tammihart
    Options
    So far the most difficult thing for me with this book is trying to pronounce Thibault the correct way. I'm focusing way more on that than the story. :laugh:

OMG! I was doing the same thing. I want to see the movie so I can see if I ever got it right.
  • eriktice
    Options
    I've been pronouncing it TEE BAULT. The ex husband pronounces it THIGH BAULT.
  • cds2001
    Options

OMG! I was doing the same thing. I want to see the movie so I can see if I ever got it right.

I watched the trailer for the movie on IMDB. Apparently they didn't want to deal with it either because in the movie they call him Logan. So that's how I'm reading it with the book. lol
  • eriktice
    Options
    Well, I just finished my copy of The Lucky One. I agree it's another feel good book by Nicholas Sparks although it does have its moments of bitter sweetness.

I'll be skipping the next book as I can't find it ...
  • cds2001
    Options
    Ending up skipping this one. Guess I'm not that big of a Sparks fan. I've already checked out the next book from library so I'll try to get that one done soon.