Diet during Insanity

Options
xiamjackie
xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
I am on the last week of month 1 of Insanity and I LOVE IT! I feel great and I'm seeing some results, but feeling many results.

My question for you all is are you following the Nutrition Guide or are you on your own diet? I was trying to do low carb at the same time as Insanity and I just feel myself being hungry and craving carbs. I think I just may resort back to a balanced diet. I was just curious to what everyone else was following and if it's working.

Replies

• shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I don't follow the insanity nut.guide... I do my own and It's my opinion but as long as you eat well and get enough protein etc...you'll be fine :) I've lost over 2 inches and 5 lbs in less than 10 days doing that so lol..... must work at some point :)
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I don't follow the insanity nut.guide... I do my own and It's my opinion but as long as you eat well and get enough protein etc...you'll be fine :) I've lost over 2 inches and 5 lbs in less than 10 days doing that so lol..... must work at some point :)

Good stuff, awesome results!! What do you consider "enough protein"? I'm trying to get more, but I still come up shorter than what the guide recommends.
  • Blue_Mint
    Blue_Mint Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm not following the diet meal by meal, but rather trying to follow the recommended percentages of macronutrients (40% carbs, 40% protein, 20% fats). I eat lots of oatmeal, egg whites, cottage cheese with fruit and green veggies. Most days, I go a bit over in carbs and a bit under in protein, but I've still seen some decent results since completing month one. (I've only had a three pound weight loss but have built lots of muscle and lost lots of inches!) I'm curious about what's to come though in month 2, and if we'll be working out so hard, that we'll need to eat more...

Good luck!
  • Hmwarren84
    Hmwarren84 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am not following the the diet either. I eat the " if it fits in my macros and calories" way. I do try to eat a LOT more foods that are high in protein though.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Jackie, your body really needs carbs to get that energy to work out so hard. If you are doing the eual protein and carbs as the nutrition guide suggestions, you should be fine.... you are working out hard enough to keep those carbs from being stored, and I have found the best results when I keep my carbs and protein within 10% of each other.

Fat shredder mode is supposedly 50% protein, 30% carbs. 20% fats, but you probably don't want to go below 30% carbs or you might not have enough to stay energetic, especially going into month two.
  • FitTeenager
    Options
    I'm on week 2 of month 2. I'm eating too few calories because I'm scared I'll gain weight if I eat carbs. That's the reason why I'm not getting any results when I finish this round I'll start round two but following the nutrition guide. I hope to get results!
  • cheshire1986
    cheshire1986 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i completed insanity a couple of months ago, still doing it i got all the results i wanted and more, diet wise i just used the calorie counter on here and made it fit found that was plenty. i was mostly eating wraps during the day as im on the go alot and a proper meal in the eavening. i was haveing a pre workout suppliment and protine shakes for breakfast too.
  • Moshebelle1
    Options
    Do people use protein supplements? How has that affected your results/weight loss? I'm worried about gaining weight but also know the value of getting enough protein after a really intense workout. Help!
  • cheshire1986
    cheshire1986 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Do people use protein supplements? How has that affected your results/weight loss? I'm worried about gaining weight but also know the value of getting enough protein after a really intense workout. Help!

i had exactly the same fear but if you include the whey protine into your calorie count its fine, any weight gained will just be muscle.