Is there an app for that?

Options
Heidi64
Heidi64 Posts: 211 Member
Anybody have any suggestions about how I could log miles when I use my oh so old fashioned exercise bike? or am I just s.o.l.? I was hoping to be able to use either the runkeeper or runtastic app, but don't see how that could work for a bike that has no read outs what so ever.

Replies

• cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I would say buy a cheap cycle computer and attach it to the exercise bike.

Make sure the computer allows you to alter the wheel size to the appropriate size of the exercise bike...

Or you could get a HRM that gives you a calorie burn figure too?

Then you can just add your calories to MFP as usual :happy:
  • Gapwedge01
    Options
    Agree with both suggestions above.
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,683 Member
    Options
    yep - providing the exercise bike actually has a rotating wheel, mounting a magnet and sensor from a cheap wireless cycling computer should work fine... just need to be sure that the cycle computer can be calibrated to the (usually really small) size of the wheel.
  • Heidi64
    Heidi64 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I wasn't worried too much for the calories, I was more worried about the miles. I do that Team Challenge that "Snowridesbikes" puts on and want to be able to add my share, lol. Hubby has a computer on his bike, gonna see if I can confiscate it! So excited now!
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,683 Member
    Options
    just check the manual for the computer, and see if it'll work - then get a second "mounting kit" for the trainer if its compatible.