mfp settings

Options
doubletnurse
doubletnurse Posts: 108 Member
As you gain weight during your pregnancy, did you track it on MFP? I was thinking if you track it, your calories needed go up in addition to the setting of gaining 1/2 pound per week during the second and third trimester. Or did you not track your weight and just added 300 calories based on your pre-pregnancy weight.

Replies

• RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    So far (I'm 6w1d) I have left my weight where it was and have removed my ticker from the boards. I set my calories to maintain for my last logged weight and will set it to 1/2lb/week gain for the second trimester and 1lb/week gain for the third, assuming I'll have gained an appropriate amount and am not gaining too quickly or anything.

Postpartum I will reset my starting weight and all that, as if I am starting over. I was down 82lbs, so a lot of people would "friend" me once they saw it on my ticker, I guess to see what I do and use it as a guide, but since I am not doing what I was doing earlier (ie, trying to lose weight), I feel that it's deceiving. When I come back full force again, I want to be honest about what I weigh and how much I'll have to lose.

So no, I don't intend to track my weight going up, at least not officially on MFP. My doctor's office will be the official word on that, though I will weigh in at home and have an idea of my weight.
  • keyalus
    keyalus Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just used the calculator her

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/pregnancy_calorie_calculator.htm

to re-adjust my settings as I enter the second trimester. It uses your pre-pregnancy weight for all trimester the caloric adjustments.
  • cakesmooth
    cakesmooth Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I just used the calculator her

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/pregnancy_calorie_calculator.htm

to re-adjust my settings as I enter the second trimester. It uses your pre-pregnancy weight for all trimester the caloric adjustments.

Awesome, THIS is exactly what I was looking for! I'm copying and pasting onto my other posts! You are one smart fit momma!