Keep on, keeping it off

Options
Hey, it's me, still hanging around and keeping at it. I feel like that old friend (who you no longer have anything in common with) but still shows up at your door, unwilling to let you go! Not really using this group for support anymore, but still plan to post my progress every few days just to show myself, and anyone else still logging in, that I can reach my goals by not letting up on what has been successful for me so far. NOT GIVING UP!! For me, it's not about how fast, or how even exactly how, but that I just keep at it. If I don't give up, I don't ever have to start over. And at 49 years of age, I'm tired of starting over. I want to be healthier. I want to feel better. I want to look better.

Enough of that. Lately I have not been exercising like I have in the past. Logging has slipped just a tad, but I'm okay with that because I had almost got obsessive about it, and right now I've got a whole lot of other things I'm juggling. I'm strict when I have the ability to be strict.

Food choices have been pretty good. Said no to donuts yesterday morning, only missed my calorie count by 67 and did so while attending the King Biscuit Blues Festival over at Helena. (man, were funnel cakes calling my name!!) Still eating a ton of seafood and chicken breast, but not getting too bored with it. Have a dinner fundraiser function tonight...will be hard to control my choices there, just plan to have a salad for lunch and do the best I can do.

I'm currently down 32.5 pounds since April. I'm hitting five pounds a month, with half of this month's already accomplished. Know if I get back more regularly to the gym, it will start melting away at a great pace again!

Anybody out there, respond back. Hope you are all staying focused on what you want to accomplish. - Donna

Replies

• lepow
    lepow Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm still here! Congratulations on your progress! Not much to say about me, though. I'm still trucking along. Just hit 30 lbs lost yesterday . . . so, that's pretty exciting!