So, what foods do you hardly ever eat anymore?

Options
SlinkyNewMe
SlinkyNewMe Posts: 213 Member
I went out with a friend yesterday and ordered the usual pub food - vegeburger, chips (fries) and salad. Normally this would be a nice treat for me and I had been looking forward to eating it.

I could barely eat it - although the burger bread was nice I found it really hard to eat such a starchy, heavy carb, along with the chips. I looked at the plate when it arrived and was astonished at how much food was there. I ate some of it, more out of politeness because my friend was eating and I did not want to fuss, but I found it hard. I know I will not be ordering that again, for a loooooooong time, if at all.

So what foods hardly eat now. Mine are as follows:-

Pasta - just can't eat it now! Too stodgy
Bread
Potatoes - same reasons as above
Cakes, chocolate, biscuits - tastes way to sweet now
Rice cakes - like eating cardboard
Rice - a small amount occasionally
Couscous
Noodles
Wine

All the above are things that I don't eat every day, but might eat if I were at a restaurant, or maybe once a week. However when I do eat them, I kind of wish I hadn't because I feel too full and stuffed afterwards! Bearing in mind I am also a vegan, I guess I would be your nightmare dinner guest :laugh:

Replies

• rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I used to love to order Chinese food when they ordered it at work. After starting to eat right I found when I ate it I was thristy all day and felt like my fingers were sausages the next day...won't be doing that again.
  • emptyinside
    emptyinside Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Candy and ice cream - it's strange, but I have absolutely no taste it. My kids joke about how they've never seen me eat a candy bar.
  • erinmgill
    Options
    I am starting on a health/weight loss program that promotes very clean eating, though is not vegan or even vegetarian. Since I have been eating such clean food, I can't fathom eating pasta or french fries. Though I'll probably always love bread, it doesn't have a place in my current diet, except as a treat. I think this may be the end of my love affair with coffee as well. I feel too good without it, and live a very stressful life anyway, which the coffee was probably just exacerbating.
  • Runner50266
    Options
    Pineapple Chobani Greek Yogurt used to be a mainstay for me but it's too sweet to me now. Peanut Butter Cups, chinese food, pasta, fries or really any fast food. I don't even want to eat this stuff in moderation I just simply have zero appetite for it.
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    Pizza just doesn't do it for me aymore. Don't miss cakes, donuts, cupcakes.
  • Snoopaloop63
    Snoopaloop63 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Pasta! It just doesn't even sound good anymore and I used to LOVE it
  • marysue1965
    marysue1965 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Fried foods, soda, gravy, breaded foods, high fat or sugar foods, & i've cut back alot on my red meat, pizza, couscous.
  • mznortiz
    mznortiz Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    ice cream and pasta (made from wheat)
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I continually pass up pasta....
    I've really upped my protein intake and veggies, too.
    It's because I am aware of my actual protein needs now, and that excess carbs tend to make me retain water, which makes my fat fluffy lol!
  • lucy2021
    Options
    Pasta. We used to eat it all the time, now we have sweet potatoes or brown rice. I still think I like it but when it comes down to fixing a meal I choose something else instead.
  • Be_EmbracE
    Be_EmbracE Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Soda, alcohol, beer and any sugary beverages that have no added nutritions.
    I still loves bread, rice and lotsa fruits but I moderate it especially fruits :P~ it is my treats
  • alisonmaynard70
    alisonmaynard70 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I try to stay away from fast food, sugary treats, and soda. I will allow myself a diet soda every now and again, and if I feel I NEED something sweet a Diet A&W Root Beer always curbs that and has no caffeine.

I am a convenience dieter, and I see lots of people shying away from processed foods like frozen dinners and such, but for me they are a God send because if it isn't easy I won't stick to it.
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I don't really eat pasta, pizza, cake, biscuits, bread, cheese....
    Not because I think I would find them too sweet, or filling or starchy, but because if I started I'd never stop again! I allow myself a little treat most days, usually something with chocolate, like 100 cals worth of Maltesers with a coffee.
    Wish I could stop wanting the other stauff, but after all these years I doubt it.
    :cry:
  • survivor1952
    survivor1952 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Used to LOVE chocolate, now I don't care for it. Same with cake. I can actually be satisfied with one bite & then don't want anymore.
  • Wrreck
    Wrreck Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I can't stand milk. I rarely eat pasta, bread or rice. I've been trying not to eat much in the way of fresh fruit either, it makes me have cravings for sweets. I used to eat alot of fruit, way more fruit than veggies. Been working on eating more of them.
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Bread, pasta, cheese, peanut butter and skim milk are all things I only eat in small amounts on occasion. I miss them all quite a bit but the calories are just too much. I do eat Aunt Millie's Healthy Choice Wheat Bread but at 40 calories per slice it almost tastes like cardboard LOL. I have replaced pasta with things like spaghetti squash but I do miss a good baked spaghetti once in awhile. Peanut butter is something I've added back in a couple times lately simply because I just miss it so much. I guess I'm a kid at heart, nothing better than a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich with a glass of milk :)
  • lisaburley7
    lisaburley7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Dairy! I used to consume so much milk and cheese that I'm sure that's where a lot of my fat calories came from. I've found, though, that it just doesn't work well for me. I still occasionally have cheese, but never feel good after, and lactose free fat free milk is really all I can drink anymore.

And french fries. They just don't taste good anymore. They smell DIVINE, but taste BLEGH and they're so not worth it.
  • lucht
    lucht Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have only changed my eating habits for 3 weeks... so I am not sure what I will give up permanently.
    I am no longer craving fast food...although I still will eat 12 potato chips if someone has them there but now I count them.

What I have noticed which is particularly pleasing to me - since giving up extra sugars and starches for the past few weeks - the taste of the food I am eating is exceptionally tasty - :)
  • Anamdalta
    Options
    I don't drink pop at all any more, and rarely eat processed food, fast food, chips, or chocolate. I drink my coffee (one cup/day) black (used to be 4 or 5 cups with cream and sugar)...

I'm working on eliminating wheat. I don't eat much of it, but what I do eat still causes my arthritis to flare up a bit...
  • Danam48
    Danam48 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Fast food! No more drive thru's for this girl. Oh, and soda pop.. not even diet.