RED DWARF X

Options
Ro0kin
Ro0kin Posts: 34 Member
smegthis.jpg

What did everyone think of the first episode? I really liked it. I hope the rest of the series will be just as good.

Replies

• Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed it. It felt fresh but familiar at the same time.

I'm glad they have kept the basic outline and locations pretty similar and not been tempted to introduce any new main characters.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Missed it last night, set to record it on Saturday instead. Looking forward to it!
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed it. It felt fresh but familiar at the same time.

I'm glad they have kept the basic outline and locations pretty similar and not been tempted to introduce any new main characters.

I thought it was great! Just like the dwarf of the old days! :-)

You can tell they're ageing though...

Hopefully the series will build on a great first ep and leave us wanting more. I'm already eyeing it up on Blu-Ray.

Some me a kipper skipper! :laugh:
  • phoenixoncemore
    phoenixoncemore Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed it - I don't think the adverts they put out did it justice. When I saw those ads I was really worried that they'd just become almost like charicatures of the characters they once were but didn't seem to be a problem in the program, thankfully.

I was a little worried at the beginning that they spent too much money on the special effects though. The ropey effects of old are part of the charm!
  • Ekoria
    Ekoria Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Loved it. Like everyone else I was worried they were going to ruin it but I thought it was really sympathetically re-done. Looking forward to the next episodes!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    It's about bloody time!
  • twinkychops
    twinkychops Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I was worried initially as it had a lot to live up to but I did enjoy it, it's so hard for it to be the programme it was and it was still a little too practised and polished but still a good laugh :) Was funny seeing Kryton wider in the head though!
  • Ro0kin
    Options
    Was funny seeing Kryton wider in the head though!

Yeah. :-)
    They should explain why androids put on weight?
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I liked it!
  • Ro0kin
    Options
    The 2nd episode was even better than the 1st. I love that Red Dwarf is good again.
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    recorded... still to watch. Will rectify that situation 2night!
  • codapea
    codapea Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I wish I could see it! I wonder when it will be on BBC America...
  • KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I was worried, as the last season was awful and Back to Earth sucked, but decided to give it a chance. The two episodes I have seen so far are fantastic, back the way it was in the beginning.
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I miss holly but they're the boys from the dwarf, one cannot be too caught up on little things
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    OMG! Yay! This must be in the UK only though?
    Must find it online! I'm glad I saw this post...
  • Ro0kin
    Options
    What did everyone make of this. I loved it. I am looking forward to getting to DVD when it comes out next week.
  • skinnygeekwithin
    skinnygeekwithin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Anyone know if this will be coming to the US any time soon? Or Netflix maybe? Huge fan of the original series and I'd love to get caught up with the crew although "Back to Earth" was terrible!