Check in

Options
breasonable
breasonable Posts: 115 Member
Hi I am Vikki and I wanted to start this board and see if anyone else noticed there is not alot of support on here for people that take Rx for weight loss... I have posted a few things and have been slammed with people telling me all kinds of things. So I have pretty much kept my thoughts to myself and been lurking for others who are taking what I am taking..

So for that I am taking Adipex I have been on it for 5 weeks. Last week my Dr added Topamax to help me burn better! I also get a lipo shot once a week. He gave me a diet of 1000 calories at first no fats, low red meat, low sugar kind of thing but when I checked back with him and told him I was eating between 500-600 he said that was fine as long as it was healthy and I was feeling fine. In which I am feeling fine... Anyways enough about me anyone else out there do something similar?

Replies

• tjames30
    tjames30 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hello! Just this week I went back to the weightloss clinic after a 6 month hiatus. I am taking phentermine for appetitie control and CR-7 for metabolism and get a B12 shot every 4 weeks. The last time that I did this I got under 200, my lowest since having my 2 year old daughter. I was in the 180's when I got pregnant with her and in the 160's a year prior to that. I wish that I had never stopped going to the clinic and maybe by now I'd be back where I was. I am in a wedding next month and running out of time!!! About 8 years ago I weighted 291 and lost 100 lbs with no rx, just lots of exercise and restricting calories. I stayed at that weight for a good while and then joined weight watchers and a gym to lose the other 30lbs. Then I got remarried, pregnant (3rd child) and here I am.

So have you lost the 26 lbs on your ticker with those medications that you listed?
  • Jwithrow4
    Options
    Hi! I just joined a few days ago and started taking Adipex this morning. I am currently at 229.5 lbs and am in need of losing at least 15 of those pretty quickly. I am a potential kidney donor for my Mother in Law and my BMI is just a bit too high to be accepted. I am sticking to right around 1000-1200 calories and trying to work some exercise in too.
  • breasonable
    Options
    Hi there everyone and Welcome! Yes Tjames30 I lost my 26 lbs on my ticker since august 29th with the meds!!!
    Good Luck Jwithrow4 that is a great thing you are doing! As soon as I started the adipex I was unable to eat the 1000 calories. But then again I am only eating Chicken , salad and fruit.. I have an open diary feel free to take a look!!!
  • breasonable
    Options
    Well Im down another pound today!! I believe the workout is the key!! I added working out last weds and having been doing it everyday and since then I have been dropping almost a pound a day!! Expecting my TOM today. But I heard these meds may mess that up so we shall see.... Good luck to everyone else! I see some other have joined... Welcome to all of you!!!
  • thoseblueeyes
    thoseblueeyes Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am new to this group and also MFP. I have a question for you since I tried to google it and came up with conflicting info about diet pills ( phentermine HCL and adipex) Is this the same pill just under different name? When I google it some say yes then some say no. I am on Phentermine and some days it works great others I am hungry and want to eat everything I see, Any feed back will be great.

Thanks, Jodi
  • breasonable
    Options
    Hi there and welcome! Phentermine is the generic brand name for adipex, Not sure what HCL is. My dr wrote a RX for Adipex and I went to the pharmacy and got Phentermine which is generic what I decided was if I felt it didn't work for me then I was going to ask for the name brand but so far so good! I would say it would depend where you are getting them.. If you are getting them for the pharmacy then ask for the name brand but if you are buying them online then I have no idea I heard alot of those are not real... Good luck with your journey!!!
    Hi Everyone,

I am new to this group and also MFP. I have a question for you since I tried to google it and came up with conflicting info about diet pills ( phentermine HCL and adipex) Is this the same pill just under different name? When I google it some say yes then some say no. I am on Phentermine and some days it works great others I am hungry and want to eat everything I see, Any feed back will be great.

Thanks, Jodi
  • breasonable
    Options
    Worked out for 1 hr today on the elliptical! Down another 1.4 lbs.... The weight is dropping off since I started working out!!! Very excited for what this week holds! Hope everyone has a good week!!!
  • breasonable
    Options
    I hit 29.4 lbs today tomorrow will be 6 weeks since I started, I hope to hit 30 lbs tomorrow then it will average 5 lbs a week... I will work out 1 hr today. My TOM started saturday briefly and had been lingering. I think the topamax is messing with my cycle but it does not seem to be hindering the weight loss which is good!!! Hope everyone is else is having a great week....
    This weekend should be interesting going camping with the kids and some friends for halloween and its the hubbys birthday... I have to be special careful not to fall off the wagon!!!!
  • tyboskates
    tyboskates Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all, I am taking phentermine 37.5 and I also find that some days it works great and other days I want to eat all day. I have a feeling my body is getting used to it. I hope I am wrong. I am new to my fitness pal so if you want to add me as a friend please feel free to do so. We can all use the support, can't we??? I am going to the gym this morning after dropping my kids off to school. I haven't been there in so long I am missing it. My goal today is the eliptical for as long as I can take it. :smile:
  • breasonable
    Options
    Welcome and good luck at the Gym! I know it takes time to build back up! Elliptical is my favorite!!!
    Good Morning all, I am taking phentermine 37.5 and I also find that some days it works great and other days I want to eat all day. I have a feeling my body is getting used to it. I hope I am wrong. I am new to my fitness pal so if you want to add me as a friend please feel free to do so. We can all use the support, can't we??? I am going to the gym this morning after dropping my kids off to school. I haven't been there in so long I am missing it. My goal today is the eliptical for as long as I can take it. :smile:
  • MissMertz
    Options
    Hi ya'll!! I wandered over from the phen site!! Very stoked you guys on here!! I'm down 8.. I weigh in next month.. I'm hoping I lose a bit more... I had a question in my mind I meant to throw out at any phen users.. but I forgot it :/
  • breasonable
    Options
    Welcome! When you think of it come back and ask!!! LOL!!
  • MissMertz
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I just had a doctor's update Friday.. little frustrated because I was a bit bloated and without knowing floated away from the diet that he wanted me to be on with the phen pill... he said he was very happy with my exercise program.. but to "learn to cook" and to stick more to the mediterranean diet.. it was a bit frustrating.. I know my scales are right, but I can't weigh as soon as I wake up like I normally do :P Ah well... anyways.. so I'm back full force this month hoping to lose a lot more... I was wondering how everyone else is doing!?!?
  • breasonable
    Options
    Hello there, I am sure this month will go well ...... I know what you mean about weighing first thing cause thats what I do also then you have to go to the drs later in the day and wear clothes so you always weigh more.. lol I am doing very well.. I am at 38 lbs down almost half way to my goal.. I am hoping to hit my half way point this week!!! Fingers crossed!!!
  • MissMertz
    Options
    Yay for 38 pounds down!!! I keep thinking I'm going to have to start a blog because there's actually little things each day going on! How many months have you been on Phen, Vicky?
  • breasonable
    Options
    I just started my 3 month! Sorry it took me so long to reply! I stopped checking this board cause no one was using it!!! lol I am down 54.5 lbs in my 12 th week!!!
  • MissMertz
    Options
    Vickie.. What are you doing diet wise? I need to stalk your daily diet LOL..
  • breasonable
    Options
    My diary is open check it out..... lol My Dr says lean and green!!! I do not eat anything processed... So salad and fruit. Chicken mostly which I did eat ground round for the first time today in 13 weeks... Then mostly veggies.. Sometimes a baked potato... Egg is the morning sometimes... yogurt for my dairy cause I do not like milk. Cottage cheese... thats about it.. I find its easier to keep it simple.... I made some weight watcher veggie soup while ago that is nice to have around.... really low calorie.. Hope this helps!!!!