Hi I'm new, could use some encouraging mfp friends...

Options
jobeanqueen
jobeanqueen Posts: 19 Member
Hello all, I started MFP a few weeks ago and so far I am liking the changes I'm seeing in myself. I have struggled with anxiety for about 4 years now. Since adopting a healthier lifestyle (eating better, drinking less caffeine and alcohol) a couple years ago my panic attacks have become fewer and farther between. However, I have noticed that if I'm sleep deprived or over-tired that they come in full force. I have also really noticed that they are VERY SEVERE when it is my time of the month.

Exercise usually helps, but during my last period, the anxiety was so debilitating that I could barely muster the strength to get out of bed and take care of my 2 year old son. Usually, I can feel it coming on, and this time was no exception. For two days, I didn't want to leave the house, and I had an extremely uneasy feeling that something horrible was going to happen, usually my biggest fear is death.

I have spoken to my doc about this. He has recommended trying birth control first to even out my hormones and/or skip my periods. However, my husband and I will be trying for a baby soon so I won't be trying birth control until after we have our second baby. In the meantime, I was really happy to find this forum on MFP. It is nice to know that I am not alone. I could really use some encouraging friends to help me through my periods of anxiety and through my weight loss journey.

Replies

• jericamom
    jericamom Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I also suffer from anxiety and in the past, it was also so dibilitating I couldn't function. Please add me if you'd like.
  • jobeanqueen
    jobeanqueen Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks! And good morning!
  • Dethea
    Dethea Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hello! Can I ask, did you speak to your physician or to your OB/GYN? An OB might be able to prescribe you with some estrogen or something like that, which will not affect your baby-making abilities, but might help get your hormones on track.

I tried the birth control method, only took about three months of taking it to kind of "reset" my body. So, you could always try b/c for a short amount of time.

I hope you find a solution!