After the C25K...

Options
AsellusReborn
AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
To those who have made it to the end of the program or are close, tell us what you're doing now (or planning to do). Are you still running or was getting to 5K a bucket list thing that you're not interested in doing more than once? Are you hooked - are more races in your future? A 10K? 10 mile? Half Marathon? Marathon?

Tell us about where you're going, grads and near grads :)

Replies

• MGMum
    MGMum Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm still running. I try to run 5K on my days off after I walk the boys to school. I go every other day when I'm off. I haven't gone when I'm working yet, I work 12 hour shifts. I guess I could go beforehand, but man, those days are loooong!

I hope to do a couple of 5K runs when hockey season is over. I'm a bit worried about the winter and running in the freezing cold etc. I don't have a treadmill, nor access to one. I have some exercise videos I can do, but it's not the same.

I want to do a Colour Run or Colour Me Rad with the boys, and other than that, I'll have to see what's out there. If I were to go to Michigan, there's like 20 a day on the weekend it seems like. They had one at the zoo a while back, that would have been fun.

I'm going to try to keep it up, I'm enjoying it. :)
  • AsellusReborn
    Options
    I'm glad you're enjoying it :) I think learning to run has been one of the best gifts I've ever given myself.

I have a 10K next weekend and am hoping to be able to run a 10mile on my birthday in about a month...I'm following this training plan:

http://halhigdon.com/training/51127/15K-10-mile-Novice-Training-Program

Doing well on it so far, ran 5.1 Friday - have a 10k on 10/13 I'm looking forward to!
  • honestykay
    honestykay Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Today is my last workout and Wednesday I'm going to start a couch to 10k workout. As my sister would say I'm addicted to running. I love it.
  • Overboard_Eater
    Overboard_Eater Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I really fell in love with running but alas my knees did not. I actually cried with disappointment of not being able to go out there every other day. I am going to try to run at least twice a week for about 30 minutes. If my knees cooperate maybe 3x. If they continue to protest, I'm afraid I'll have to find something new.
  • AsellusReborn
    Options
    Good luck with your 10K program! Be warned, gaining distance gets addictive ;D

I am sorry about your knees :( That stinks!
  • MGMum
    MGMum Posts: 29
    Options
    Hey Overboard, try some Chondroitin/Glucosamine supplements. I can't say if they've made a difference for me, but I can say my knees feel better now, than when I started running. I'm supposed to take 3 a day according to the bottle (I buy mine at Costco) but I'm lucky if I manage 2. Also, I bought a tensor bandage kind of thing with a hole for my knee for my left leg, and I do find that helps quite a bit. I notice a difference if I'm not wearing it.
  • Overboard_Eater
    Overboard_Eater Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thanks MGMum. I'll look into that. Ran today and felt great. Icing my knees now.
  • cmecme
    cmecme Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Well....I'm still running. Did 3.7 miles last week. Not as addicted i would like to be. Just cant get out there enough : ( --

Anyway -- come a long way from not even being able to run a mile. Don't know if I will ever build up to a 10K.

Love that endumondo is now linked. Helps a ton.
  • AsellusReborn
    Options
    Still running is good! A lot better than before =)

I actually ran my first 10K last weekend. I came in last...but it was only 21 people so it's not as bad as it sounds, lol!
  • cmecme
    cmecme Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Awesome hbarnstein -- you did it!!