Death Metal vs. Deathcore

Options
What are your thoughts?

Replies

• leftoverbun
    leftoverbun Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I think good music is good music. I guess I like DM more, but that's just taste, and everyone has their own. I do love me some old school Possessed, Entombed and other classics very much though. I don't hold any deathcore bands in such high regard (but I haven't listened to that many, either).
  • agentmattdionne
    Options
    i can't agree with your statement more. Old school death metal is where it's at for me. I;ve listened to a few deathcore bands and quite frankly they bore the crap out of me.
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I'm an any kind of metal person! From Brujera to A7x, it's all good =)
  • leftoverbun
    Options
    I love how today you can make a casual post on a dieting website and someone will bring up some band like Brujeria. Just shows how the internet connects us all together. 10 or 15 years ago if you brought up Brujeria outside of an extreme metal site, you'd just get a bunch of "never heard of them" responses. Kudos, internet brethren.
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Brujeira are brilliant!

I haven't listened to many Deathcore bands myself to regard them as good in my books, so I'll stick to good ol' death metal :)
  • KFilthy
    KFilthy Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    DEATH METAL! All the way.
  • thrashrn
    Options
    Death Metal is the short answer. The longer (to thought out) answer: I think Deathcore is kind of the natural progression of Death Metal. I do like some core bands JFAC, Whitechapel and All Sal Perish come to mind. I think it is a think grey line that seperates the two genres.

Edit cuz genre has e's not a's
  • AnexRavensong
    AnexRavensong Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    It's like an apple: when it comes to metal everything is good but the core ;)
  • leftoverbun
    Options
    It's like an apple: when it comes to metal everything is good but the core ;)
    LOL I'm old enough to remember when core wasn't a 4-letter word.