Looper - is it any good?

Options
Has anyone seen Looper already? I'm curious if it is as awesome as the trailer suggest and it won't get released here in the Netherlands until Nov 29th.

Replies

• Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    id give it a 6.5 or 7 out of 10. solid movie but not really ground breaking. definitely worth seeing.

12 Monkeys is a much better time travel movie in my opinion.
  • twinkychops
    twinkychops Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I really didn't like it :( I was soo looking forward to it and it started really well but it got very dark and sinister and by the end we were all feeling a little weirded out? The whole cinema was silent when it ended and we all filed out in silence, i felt yuck after it? I think it's partly because I'm a parent and the way the kids are featured in the film made me feel sick. It wasn't what I expected, I watch a huge amount of sci fi and thrillers but I won't be watching this again.
  • twinkychops
    twinkychops Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    id give it a 6.5 or 7 out of 10. solid movie but not really ground breaking. definitely worth seeing.

12 Monkeys is a much better time travel movie in my opinion.

definitely agree with you there
  • wholelottarosa
    Options
    That's a shame, I was looking rather forward to it.
    Then again, I like dark and sinister so I'll go see it anyway. :)
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    That's a shame, I was looking rather forward to it.
    Then again, I like dark and sinister so I'll go see it anyway. :)

you should definitely see it. JGL portrayal of a young Bruce Willis is fun.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options

He did a great job with the Bruce Willis smirk - nailed a lot of his expressions and mannerisms for sure.

But I also felt disappointed with it for a lot of the same reasons twinkychops listed. I mean I expected it to be dark & sinister - it's a movie about crime lords using time travel to set up assassinations for crying out loud, but still! :tongue: Maybe it was the kid angle, I don't know. It definitely took some turns I didn't expect.

I could have waited for it to come out on DVD for sure. But that's just me.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options

He did a great job with the Bruce Willis smirk - nailed a lot of his expressions and mannerisms for sure.

But I also felt disappointed with it for a lot of the same reasons twinkychops listed. I mean I expected it to be dark & sinister - it's a movie about crime lords using time travel to set up assassinations for crying out loud, but still! :tongue: Maybe it was the kid angle, I don't know. It definitely took some turns I didn't expect.

I could have waited for it to come out on DVD for sure. But that's just me.

The one thats in your ticker is the one I'm dying to see. The Hobbit YAY finally
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Just got back from watching it. Decent overall, but not something I would want to watch over. One plot element seemed completely unnecessary.

I'll have to see Twelve Monkeys again; that was very good.
  • Ro0kin
    Ro0kin Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I loved it. I really liked how when something happens to the younger you, it then happens to the older you. How "history" changes right before your eyes.
  • Ro0kin
    Ro0kin Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    An interesting article on looper's timeline (contains spoilers)

http://io9.com/5950197/new-infographic-explains-loopers-convoluted-timeline
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    Just saw it on DVD and liked it. Avoided reading about it beforehand. There was more to it than I expected.
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your time
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed it! I would give it a 7.5-8 out of ten...no regrets seeing it!
  • Geeky_Girl
    Geeky_Girl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I really didn't like it :( I was soo looking forward to it and it started really well but it got very dark and sinister and by the end we were all feeling a little weirded out? The whole cinema was silent when it ended and we all filed out in silence, i felt yuck after it? I think it's partly because I'm a parent and the way the kids are featured in the film made me feel sick. It wasn't what I expected, I watch a huge amount of sci fi and thrillers but I won't be watching this again.

Agreed. I really enjoy sci-fi and action/adventures, and I had high-hopes for this movie, but it got a little too dark.
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    It was ok. I didn't think it was too dark, the problem I had was that they present a paradox and then say, "Screw it. We're done."
  • rmkramer003
    rmkramer003 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I thought it was ok. My 13 yo loved it. 12 Monkeys was definitely better. So was Inception.