Enough already with the 3/4 sleeves!!

Options
Winter is approaching and I have a situation that's probably not uncommon for other tall women: finding long sleeves! Nearly every longER-sleeved top I own is one of those 3/4 length sleeves (whether by design or by accident) and I'm so tired of cold forearms! I have arms; seemingly normal arms, that go from my shoulders to my wrists, not in a particularly knuckle-dragging kind of way (but perhaps I am wrong about that, LOL).

So I've made adjustments to deal with this issue. I've purchased men's shirts to get that extra sleeve length. But as one might imagine, those clothes are shaped like men...which decidedly, I am not. I do not look like a rectangle; I have an hourglass shape with chest and waist and hips to consider, and I'd like clothes to actually acknowledge that. I've had jackets/coats tailored to alter the sleeves but that is not always possible, especially with shirts and sweaters.

So I am appealing to the tall ladies on this site to ask "Has anyone found a source for *actual* long sleeved shirts, sweaters, jackets etc??" If you have, and you are willing to share it, you will become my cyber BFF. And I will hold a "Trashing of my 3/4 length tops Ceremony" in your honor...

Replies

• jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Sorry I live in south florida I dont realy have this issue. Plus I hate sleeves. Good luck though
  • atlmane
    Options
    Hello, I used to work for the Tall Girl Shop back in 2007, and they are the only store that I have been able to get TRUE long sleeve women's shirts from. The stores are closed, but their website is http://us.longtallsally.com/ I just looked in my closet after reading your post and realized that i don't have any long sleeve women's shirts in there. Gues what: mostly short sleeve, butterfly sleeve, and 3/4 sleeve:) I have tried to order from the Old Navy Tall section and got the most random length sleeve I have ever seen on a Chambray shirt. If I find another brand, I will update this post:smile:
  • nogoldilocs
    nogoldilocs Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    LOL, thanks for the support. Still hopeful...
  • CoCoRedRider
    CoCoRedRider Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've had good luck with Eddie Bauer for tall shirts and blazers. Online only - of course they don't stock the tall stuff in the store.
  • katie070563
    Options
    Long Tall Sally is a great shop for us tall girls!
    Good luck
  • SuzieQ430
    SuzieQ430 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I shop online at Eddie Bauer, Long Tall Sally, JCrew, Ann Taylor and Loft. All have tall sizes in clothing. It can be a pain to return if things don't fit, but it is better than too short clothing.
  • nogoldilocs
    nogoldilocs Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I thank you (and my forearms thank you) for all of your suggestions, ladies. I will do some online investigation at those sites and let you know how it goes. I am determined to make this winter different!
  • VanillaBone
    VanillaBone Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    There's also longelegantlegs.com...
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    LL Bean and Lands End can be good places too.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Awww I actually love the 3/4 sleeve! I have just terrible scarring on my upper arms so I don't like short sleeves because you can still see a lot of it. But long sleeves cover my wrist tattoos and I like to show those when I can, so the 3/4 sleeve has always been my favorite thing. And the short sleeve shirts that are made have those stupid cap sleeves or whatever all the time. SO it's good to read the other posts to get some shopping advice if I do need an alternative.
  • Watersapphire
    Watersapphire Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Definitely Long Tall Sally ... they do a great mail order service in the UK but it:smile: looks like there is a US site too ... http://us.longtallsally.com/

Also great for long trousers / jeans etc. I even had to get some trousers shortened!
  • marathon_mama
    marathon_mama Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My entire wardrobe is from Gap, Banana Republic, and Ann Taylor. They fit great.
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    bump
  • debrahw77
    Options
    Gap, Eddie Bauer, JCrew, Banana Republic