What have you Lost on Curves?!

Options
I just signed up for my Curves yesterday and Im going to start my First workout today !!!

Anyone have any Success Stories from this?

Replies

• MrsSpace
    MrsSpace Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I lost about 50 lbs doing Curves. I will say that I didn't lose the weight doing Curves alone. I had to add in calorie counting to get there. I joined Curves in Sept 2010. By March/April 2011, I was weighing way over what I had started at. So, I joined MFP to track my calories. After that it was easy. I lost slowly (I love to eat!!). It took me about 9 months after I started MFP to get to where I am.
    Good Luck!!! Curves will help you get to your goal too!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome to Curves, and MFP Curves Divas!! I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do!!!
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I have gained more from Curves than I've lost. I signed up at the end of February and haven't looked back. I go five times a week and with calorie counting I have lost 50 pounds. Curves is awesome. It's a positive environment that has kept me coming back and wanting to incorporate more healthy changes in my life.
  • stellapiano
    stellapiano Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    ^That's a fantastic loss! I hope I get to say that soon. :) After my first month, I've lost 1.5 lbs (almost entirely fat, according to my circuit coach) and 3.25 inches!
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :heart: I can't imagine my Life without Curves now. It is a bit scary because so many of the Curves in Oklahoma have closed recently, and My Curves is up for Sale:cry:
  • kittyraj
    kittyraj Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I joined in November 2011.

I find the 30 minutes without a calorie controlled diet did nothing.

30minutes, three times a week with MFP, you can expect to lose 1 pound a week

It's help with fat loss but does nothing for toning. You need a real gym for that I'm afraid.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :ohwell:
  • MissMormie
    MissMormie Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Let's say you use 300 kcals for the half hour training, 3 times a week, means 900 kcal burned more than normal. Assuming you do not eat a bite extra after workouts. 3500 kcalories equals about a lbs of fat. So, after 4 weeks you would've lost (or not gained) an extra lbs.

Per year this would add up to 13 lbs due to the burn of exercise alone.

Next to that you're building some muscle, so that'll increase your BMR a bit.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :drinker: Those are some Serious Numbers!!
  • Jayme34
    Jayme34 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    :smile: i have lost 30lbs in the past 3 months doing curves circuit 3x per week along with zumba 2x per week
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congratulations Jayme!! That is AWESOME!!!
  • adnil17
    adnil17 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    In my first month I lost 7in.

I love curves although the trainer is one of hitlers children as she is so tough on you. But I love that
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :laugh: We actually have a Trainer who we affectionately call "The Nazi". We LOVE Her!!
  • adnil17
    adnil17 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    :laugh: We actually have a Trainer who we affectionately call "The Nazi". We LOVE Her!!

She may be related to mine. She is not happy unless you are on the floor panting and not breathing. but thats why i joined