What are your current 5x5 weights

Options
nowine4me
nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
I just started 5x5 two weeks ago. First stop Sears for fractional plates. Just wondering what is realistic by the end of the year (12 weeks)?

I currently lift:
Squats: 85
Bench Press: 45
Row: 50
Overhead: 40
Dead lift: 60

Replies

• Cmonnowguys
    Cmonnowguys Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it since April and have had a couple deloads, but so far so good. These are my most recent (and highest yet) weights:

Squats : 155 lb
    Bench: 100 lb
    Row: 95 lb
    Overhead 75 lb
    Dead lift: 185 lb

I'm still sore from my session yesterday!
  • nowine4me
    Options
    Oh:). Clearly I have some work to do. Nice.
  • Cmonnowguys
    Options
    You'll love it! I started pretty much with just the bar for most of the moves and progress has come slowly, but I'm still improving even months later. :)
  • CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Week 10 this week

Squats: 110
    Bench Press: 90
    Row: 75
    Overhead: 55
    Dead lift: 100
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday.. I'm at the bar for everything. :tongue:

The bar felt ridiculously easy though, even for bench and row. We'll see how it feels for OHP.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 26. I switched recently to 3x5 on the upper body exercises (squats are still 5x5). And I have fractional plates, so I increase a pound each time, instead of 5 lbs.

Squats 5x5: 123 lbs
    Bench 3x5: 86 lbs
    Pendlay Rows 3x5: 80 lbs
    OHP 3x5: 70 lbs
    Deadlifts 1x5: 140 lbs
  • siriusalien
    Options
    Week 3
    Squats 85
    OHP 50 Shameful
    Deadlift 135
    Bench 65
    Barbell Row 70

ALL 5x5 except Dead
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Squats 195 5x3
    Bench 110
    Rows 150
    OHP 80
    DL 225x3

11 months in, a few injury breaks included
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Middle of week 3...

Squat: 80
    OHP: 57
    Bench: 75
    Row: 80
    Dead: 100
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    I've only completed four sessions so not much to talk about just yet:

Squats: 85
    OHP: 50 <---this was hard, got 5/4/4/3/3
    Bench: 70
    Row: 70
    Dead: 85
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I started StrongLifts in Feb, after the 12 weeks I switched to 3x5 and have done some minor variations since then. I've had to deload often for form checks and stuff.

Squats: 3x5x135
    Bench: 3x5x105
    Pendlay: 3x5x90
    Overhead: 3x5x70
    Deadlifts: 1x5x170
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I somewhere in the upper end of week 2 maybe starting week 3 range:
    Squat - 80
    OH Press - 55 (but it was NOT anywhere close to easy going to have to work on form and other moves to build this one up for sure!)
    Deadlift - 110
    Bench - 60
    Row - 80

I messed up calculations one day when I went in to do the workout so now my numbers appear 'uneven' because they aren't what they WOULD be if I hadn't accidentally threw the extra 5 on one day or something like that. So, someone who started the same number of workouts ago as me doesn't have the same numbers (It was definitely my screw-up)

Seems to me everyone is aghast at the OHP numbers... I know I am thinking "oh all this is pretty OK for now"... but then I got to that one and it kicked me square in the face! No joy!
  • Cmonnowguys
    Options
    Everyone has such awesome numbers!
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure where I am week wise...think I have been doing this since July.

Squat-150
    OHP-70
    Dead-185
    Bench-90
    Row-105
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Week 10 ish I ended here...

Squats - 100 kg (220 lbs)
    Bench Press - 57.5 kg (126.5 lbs)
    Barbell Row - 70 kg (154 lbs)
    Overhead Press - 37.5 kg (82.5 lbs)
    Deadlifts - 95 kg (209 lbs)

Deads and squats still on the up, switched to madcow for the upper body lifts.

p.s. I did not start with just the bar as have previous lifting, strength experience.
  • 1ariesgal
    1ariesgal Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    2nd Session:

Squats - 55lbs
    Bench Press - 45 lbs
    Barbell Row -45 lbs
    Overhead Press - 45 lbs
    Deadlifts - 90 lbs

Nothing exciting, just doing what the spreadsheet tells me to do. So far so good.
  • mferng
    mferng Posts: 1
    Options
    Week 2...

Squats: 110#
    Bench Press: 55# - still feels easy but I'm starting slow on the upper body since it increases really quickly
    Barbell Row: 65#
    OH Press: 45#
    Deadlifts: 145# - only did 3 reps today - will try again next week.

Think I'm hitting my first deload for squats and DLs. Not a great feeling. The 10# increases in DL are especially rough, and I can feel my form suffering. For men a 10# increase is a much smaller proportion of their weight than it is for women. I'm considering doing 5# incremental increases. Has anyone been playing with those numbers? Thoughts?
  • Cmonnowguys
    Options
    Week 2...

Squats: 110#
    Bench Press: 55# - still feels easy but I'm starting slow on the upper body since it increases really quickly
    Barbell Row: 65#
    OH Press: 45#
    Deadlifts: 145# - only did 3 reps today - will try again next week.

Think I'm hitting my first deload for squats and DLs. Not a great feeling. The 10# increases in DL are especially rough, and I can feel my form suffering. For men a 10# increase is a much smaller proportion of their weight than it is for women. I'm considering doing 5# incremental increases. Has anyone been playing with those numbers? Thoughts?

Misread that! The 10lb increase for DLs can be rough. I would try the 5lb increment instead and then get some fractionals online from amazon once those increments get too large. :)
  • nowine4me
    Options
    One more quick question. I understand how important proper form is. But, when doing squats, are you better off holding your weight steady and doing deeper squats, or to keep increasing per workout and squat to less than 90 degrees?
  • 1ariesgal
    1ariesgal Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    With squats you want to go deep and feel the stretch in your inner thigh. If feels weird at first, but you have to stick your butt out. Check out you tube for starting strength squats and mark rippetoe. :smile: Keep your weights low and keep your form if you have to. You will increase with proper form.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mark+rippetoe+squat&oq=mark+rip&gs_l=youtube.1.1.0l10.1263.2445.0.4733.8.8.0.0.0.0.187.885.4j4.8.0...0.0...1ac.1.krqZdthChEE