HELP!!!

Options
Hi! I'm a 15 year old girl, and I'm on week 7 on insanity, fase 2. I'm not overweight, I have a normal weight for someone of my height and age. I'm getting really frustrated because I haven't got any results with insanity, absolutely nothing has changed in me. Sad thing. Maybe it is because I eat too few calories but that is because I'm recovering of an ED and I'm kinda scared to eat. If you are a female and had results on insanity please tell me what do you eat so I can take ideas and start round two with better eating habbits. HELP PLEASE!!
ps: if you want to see my diary add me as a friend :)

Replies

• moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    While doing insanity I eat aprox 1700-2000 calories a day. It was the same when I did Body Revolution and p90x and I got great results. These workouts are hard, you need to fuel your body in order to heal and recover properly. That also means making sure you eat at least 25% of your calories from protien- that is what heals and builds your muscles and gives you that lean look. Insanity recommends 40% protien.

The way I do it is I set up my mfp to lose 1lb a week. Then I eat all the calories it gives me every day- about 1400 for my height and weight. Then I do my workouts. Almost everyday I eat a minimum of half my exercise calories. The goal is to net 1200 calories every day.
  • fchampag
    fchampag Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm having the same problem here. I'm 34, 5'2", 111-112lbs before I started Insanity. I'm almost done with my 3rd week but I haven't got any results. My goal is to get down to about 100lbs at the end of the program and tone up more. According to the Harris Benedict formula, I should eat about 2000 cal per day to maintain my current weight (I choose 1.55 for exercise factor because I exercise 5 days a week). I subtract 500 cal since I want to lose 1lb per week. I follow the nutrition plan pretty closely up to now and this morning I weighted at 114lbs. I'm thinking either I'm gaining more muscle but I also think maybe I'm not eating enough. I think maybe I shouldn't focus on weight loss anymore since toning up is also my goal. I'm frustrated but I'm still going to finish the program.

Also, I have a bloated stomach on some days. Is it because I'm not eating enough?
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    They have a Nutrition guide that comes with the program, that would be the bets starting point if you want their results.
  • fchampag
    fchampag Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've been following the guide for the past 3 weeks. I just haven't seem results. Maybe I'll see more changes in month 2? I heared it's super hard.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've been following the guide for the past 3 weeks. I just haven't seem results. Maybe I'll see more changes in month 2? I heared it's super hard.

Best way to really get a good feel on how well a program works for you is at the end sadly, we don't get a sneak peak on how well it will go. So I would wait and see how it turns out for you, hopefully you lose some by the end. Sometimes you won't lose much but your fitness will increase a lot more. I only lost 10lbs during P90x but my fitness skyrocketed , while I lost 20 lbs in less time from just eating less and doing portion control.