Put your favorite quote that matches your situation

Options
Z_I_L_L_A
Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
Having a child is a commitment that you will
dedicate your life to them until they no longer need you.
Your child will always need your presence more than your presents.

Replies

• Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    Being a parent - the biggest challenge we will face in life.
    It's allowed us to love life, helped us grow as individuals
    & taught us the true meaning of sacrifice.
    We give up so much for our kids, not so that we can be rewarded,
    so we can give them every opportunity for the future.
    Our children will never know the sacrifices we have made,
    the hardships we endure & the loss we have suffered.
    Why? Because we love them with all our hearts.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    A Daughter is just a little girl who grows up to be your best friend.
  • kathim429
    kathim429 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Kids spell love T-I-M-E
    We are apt to forget that children watch examples better than listening to preaching.
    My father didn't teach me how to live, he lived, and let me watch him do it.
    Your children will become what you are. So, be what you want them to be.
    There is no friendship, no love, like that of the parent the child.
  • Mnm1983
    Mnm1983 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    It's not only children who grow. Parents do too. As much as we watch to see what our children do with their lives, they are watching us to see what we do with ours. I can't tell my children to reach for the sun. All I can do is reach for it, myself. ~Joyce Maynard
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    How your children act,learn,grow,mature and behave are a reflection of what kind of person you are. Being a single full time dad I sometimes wonder if I have made them too mature too soon.
  • kathim429
    Options
    You know what? that will help them in the long run. That is a hard thing. I was 8 when my mom passed away, then my dad remarried and my step mom got sick, so my sister were forced to grow up fast...We both wouldn't go back and change a thing. I see that happening with my boys and my heart aches for them. But I do know they are already learning some responsibility which, unfortunately, some kids never learn. Your kids are LUCKY to have such a great and caring father! That will stick with them forever.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    Yeah, I wonder though without a mother figure around my kids they're missing things that only a mom can give them. My kids are very caring and forgiving. But they are tough, and I wonder if they pattern to much after me in what I'm going through. Not sure if they would trust too easily after watching what their mother has done and how I have taken it. I tolerate a good deal and they don't when it comes to trusting.
  • kathim429
    Options
    Well, we can only hope that we are doing our best that we can as parents. I know it is hard. I have 2 boys, so I worry about a male figure in their life...I finally broke down and relocated them closer to my family so that they are closer to their Grandfather, Uncles and Cousins.

Watching kids suffer is the worst. My oldest son, who is 12, went through a period when he pulled out all of his eyelashes, eyebrows and then the hair on the crown of his head just from stress. It makes you feel like a failure as a parent.