Xmas knitting/crochet?

Options
SabrinaJL
SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
Are you doing any knitting/crochet to give as gifts? My husbands grandmother asked for a red scarf (not sure what pattern I'm going to use yet) and I'm going to knit something for my mom (not sure on that either). My husbands cousin also asked for a Jayne hat, but I don't think he's knit-worthy. lol

Replies

• suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I'm knitting Christmas stockings for my grands. I doubt I'll do holiday knitting for anyone else. I gift hand knit items through out the year instead.

FYI, love the guns! Strong is the new skinny, eh?
  • spiregrain
    spiregrain Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm working on a Judy's Colors stocking for my son, and an orange hat with turtles on it.

Gotta make something for my mom, who LOVES knitted stuff -- not sure what as I have already made her 2 hats, a pair of hand warmers, a pair of socks, and she doesn't wear scarves.

I want to make something for my dad, too. Maybe a second hat. I love hats!
  • SabrinaJL
    Options
    FYI, love the guns! Strong is the new skinny, eh?

Thanks! I'm not quite sure about that though as I've never felt like 'skinny' was something to aspire to. In my pics, there's one of me as a kid (about 7 or 8) lifting weights. lol
    Gotta make something for my mom, who LOVES knitted stuff -- not sure what as I have already made her 2 hats, a pair of hand warmers, a pair of socks, and she doesn't wear scarves.

I want to make something for my dad, too. Maybe a second hat. I love hats!

Gotta love knitting for moms. They seem to appreciate it the most. And hats are a satisfyingly quick knit. One of my faves is the Koolhaas pattern.
  • alisiaendris
    alisiaendris Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I usually make crocheted items for each of my students, but I am up to 16 this year (I know that is not alot, but I teach early childhood/special ed and I usually have around 12-15). So, we will see if I can get that done on top of some requested items I have been working on...
  • michelletr
    michelletr Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm knitting my best friend a hat and scarf set, everyone else is getting slippers and coasters. I LOVE the idea of homemade gifts
  • SabrinaJL
    Options
    I'm knitting my best friend a hat and scarf set, everyone else is getting slippers and coasters. I LOVE the idea of homemade gifts

I settled on slippers for my mom because she asked for a pair a while back. I couldn't find what she was describing. I recently found a pattern that seems like exactly that she was talking about, but now I can't find my stupid size 9 needles. :grumble:
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    i'm uh going to try and finish the sweater i started last christmas for my husband ;-)
  • michelletr
    michelletr Posts: 236 Member
    Options

I settled on slippers for my mom because she asked for a pair a while back. I couldn't find what she was describing. I recently found a pattern that seems like exactly that she was talking about, but now I can't find my stupid size 9 needles. :grumble:

It drives me nuts when I can't find the right needles. Thankfully my cousin, who also knits, lives only a couple streets away..lol
  • mrsyarn
    mrsyarn Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a queen size blanket for my daughter, it was supposed to be for her birthday in a couple of weeks but that isn't likely.

I also found a pattern for coal on the Webs site, may do one for each of the kids! Or maybe just my husband... :tongue:
  • knittingwitch
    knittingwitch Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I did last year but I don't think they were liked all that much. So I don't know if I want to put all that effort into some thing that people aren't going to love. I might knit for my mom and dad they seemed to like it a lot.
  • SabrinaJL
    Options
    I did last year but I don't think they were liked all that much. So I don't know if I want to put all that effort into some thing that people aren't going to love. I might knit for my mom and dad they seemed to like it a lot.

Oh, I only knit for people that I KNOW are knit-worthy and will appreciate it.