I'm Offically Insane.......

Options
BrianSharpe
BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
Registration is now open for the Ottawa Marathon (May 26, 2013) and there's a limit of 5500 runners for the full marathon.

Well, there's only room for 5,499 now - I'm registered; now the fun begins!

Replies

• Culley34
    Options
    Fantastic! Doing my first full in 3 weeks!
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Awesome, I'm sure you'll win!
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Plenty of time to train for it!
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    You're already in good shape so you just need to ramp up the miles some ro build marathon specific endurance. I think you'll find that all your other activities will improve in the process. It'll be great.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Whoot WHOOT!!
  • BrianSharpe
    Options

If by win you mean crawl across the finish line on my hands and knees moments before they pack up and go home, yup I'll win! :laugh:
  • BrianSharpe
    Options
    You're already in good shape so you just need to ramp up the miles some ro build marathon specific endurance. I think you'll find that all your other activities will improve in the process. It'll be great.

I've got to admit I was a little nervous clicking the "pay now" button for the on-line registration but now that the commitment has been made I'm looking forward to it.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Can't wait to share the journey with you.
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Fantastic - what a great goal. I hope you enjoy every minute
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    No, insanity is when you keep doing the same thing over and over again with the same results. Yup. Sixth marathon coming up. AND thinking about what ones to sign up for in 2013. Now THAT's insane.

Just wait till next week. Last week of the taper. I'll be a looney toon. Probably Daffy Duck.
  • runningchick70
    runningchick70 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Congrats! There's nothing quite like the marathon journey!
  • ATclassof2021
    ATclassof2021 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Marine Corp Marathon in 4 weeks, then a little break before running NYC Marathon in November of 2013.......Hoping to run Athens Greece marathon in 2014 :-)
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    No, insanity is when you keep doing the same thing over and over again with the same results. Yup. Sixth marathon coming up. AND thinking about what ones to sign up for in 2013. Now THAT's insane.

Just wait till next week. Last week of the taper. I'll be a looney toon. Probably Daffy Duck.

LOL....so true!

I just did marathon #6 on Sunday and I'm already planning a couple (or 3 even?) more in 2013. My husband told me that I have totally lost my mind.
  • BrianSharpe
    Options
    Marine Corp Marathon in 4 weeks, then a little break before running NYC Marathon in November of 2013.......Hoping to run Athens Greece marathon in 2014 :-)

That would be very cool!
  • kaybeau
    kaybeau Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    many congrats
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options

If by win you mean crawl across the finish line on my hands and knees moments before they pack up and go home, yup I'll win! :laugh:

Hey, that would be my goal. :laugh:
  • s35keith
    s35keith Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Enjoy the journey to the finish line. I just completed my first marathon and it was one of my greatest accomplishments. So, if I can do it , a 47 year old, former smoker, with only 2 years of running experience, anyone can.

I look forward to hearing how you do!