What a challenge

Options
This is going to be a great challenge and one that will take great focus. I know that it would be a great help to my weight loss if I complete this challenge so I am going to work on my eating through the rest of October and get ready to get my walking shoes on in November.

Replies

• healthylife4kb
    Options
    This will be a great challenge! I am doing the Whole30 in October so November will be a great time to focus on getting in some miles and physical activity. This will be my first winter in a long time so I need motivation to keep up the exercise even on gray days.
  • klbaierwalter
    klbaierwalter Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    This is a great challenge! I belong to a 24/7/365 gym and heck I'm paying for it...why am I not USING IT??? This will be a GREAT way to get me back into the gym! It will also keep me from making excuses on snowy or gray days where running or walking outside just isn't feasible. I'm really pumped for this challenge!!! I can spend the rest of October getting back into my good eating habits and getting myself to the gym again.
  • MichelleCBrown
    MichelleCBrown Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm so in! I walk about 2 hours everyday with my dog at a regular to faster speed...I have no idea what kind of mileage I get in a day but I'll figure it out lol

Guess I'm walking around 6 miles a day
  • nova189
    nova189 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love this challenge idea..i really needed a goal to keep me motivated and push me to actually do the work.im excited !
  • gotoshellie
    gotoshellie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I restarted on MFP Late may. I joined a 100 mile challange for June. It really help keep me motivated and focused. that is where I lost my 10lbs that does not show up on my bar...LOL. This will be fun and keep me motivated to loose the las 10+ lbs.
  • MichelleCBrown
    MichelleCBrown Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good luck everyone!
  • ferb03
    ferb03 Posts: 82
    Options
    I'm in and loving it!!
  • Alsison
    Alsison Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Wow.. 100 miles eh???..

For us Canadians that means just shy of 161 kilometres in 30 days... Quick math says that I need to average over 5 km per day.

This would be quite an accomplishment, but what the heck, I am in if you'll have me!!!

Cheers :flowerforyou:

Alsison
  • Msdjt75
    Msdjt75 Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi all, new to this group. Since I just joined this group and brought my treadmill up from the basement and in front of the tv, I should be able to bang this out. For me to break it down into small goals, I plan on taking it 5 miles daily 5 days per week! between the treadmill and my 2 dogs walks daily I can achieve this!
  • Lawanda1004
    Lawanda1004 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am new as well, and im very excited about the challenge!
  • randy0987
    randy0987 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I look forward to the challenge i like to push myself and i think this will be another way of motivaing myself as well as others
  • lossing4good
    Options
    I'm in. I love to walk and hike so this challenge wil give me the motivation I need to actually go out and do it.

Feel free to add me as a friend just put 100 miles challenge in the subject please

Good Luck everyone can't wait to see how well we all do
  • campfirekitten14
    Options
    I'm just starting to train for a 5K and also trying to get "steps" in at least 10,000 a day with my bodymedia armband....so I'm VERY in!!
  • IrshRnr56
    IrshRnr56 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    What is the Whole30? Sounds interesting.....
  • NyxariaMoon
    NyxariaMoon Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am so in! This is a great way to keep me motivated :)
  • jennm72
    jennm72 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am doing a similar challenge with a fb group for October and it has been pretty motivating. I'm in!
  • Scottish_Lass
    Options
    Very much looking forward to this, I'm going to go get some practice first thing in the morning! :)
  • healthylife4kb
    Options
    What is the Whole30? Sounds interesting.....

Whole30 is a lifestyle chnage/challenge for eating. It cuts out grains, refined sugar/products, alcohol, legumes and emphasizes eating fruits, vegetables, meats, and healthy fats for 30 days.

More information here: http://whole9life.com/
  • Jamie65toloose
    Jamie65toloose Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Im excited to see so many NEW people join my group. When I started this challenge back in June, we all had amazing results. We will be here everyday to encourage everyone to continue, to not give up, and to do the BEST that they can do. Its amazing when you break down the goal into daily segments, it sounds much more attainable. Please feel free to reach out to me with any question!

Thanks everyone
    Group Leader
    Jamie
  • campfirekitten14
    Options
    Thanks Jamie!! This oughtta help whip this jail nurse into shape!