New Here and Excited!

Options
1ariesgal
1ariesgal Posts: 18 Member
Hello All,

I am returning to lifting after some time and can't wait. I've done a modified 5x5 in the past and it was great. I stopped for a variety of reasons and have recommitted to it. I was thrilled to find this forum and other women lifting heavy! I start on Monday and know I will see amazing change!

Happy October to all!

Replies

• RunningDirty
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Welcome!:flowerforyou:
  • 1ariesgal
    Options
    Thanks!:smile:
  • Jaxster92708
    Jaxster92708 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Welcome and keep us posted on your progress! I am new here, too and there is such a wealth of information! Hope you find it helpful.

Jackie
  • 1ariesgal
    Options
    Thanks!
  • msmac74
    msmac74 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys

I'm also new and would love to know if most of you guys do this in the gym or do it at Home. What would I need to do this at home?

Thank you in advance

Angela
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys

I'm also new and would love to know if most of you guys do this in the gym or do it at Home. What would I need to do this at home?

Thank you in advance

Angela

Olympic 45 pound bar (or womens 35 pound bar)
    Olympic weight set (I recommend 300 pounds including bar)
    Power cage or squat rack
    Weight bench

You can find a lot of these items cheap on Craigslist if you want to make a home set up, that's what I did. Or check out gyms to find one with this equipment.

Welcome to all the new people! It is nice to see ladies getting strong. :drinker:
  • msmac74
    msmac74 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That's great thank you.
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!

I do these workouts at the gym. I didnt want to invest in all the equiptment for home, and I find I have an easier time getting motivated if I have to leave the house.