I need some "Online Motivation Friends"

Options
Hi everyone! My name is April and I am a homegrown, meat and potatoes fed "Hoosier". With that being said, there is really no explanation needed as to why I find myself joining this website. As a kid, every single one of our meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) included a potato, a meat, a vegetable loaded with some form of cream or cheese sauce, salt and butter, bread and something sweet. I am on the healthy wagon now, and I don't let food control me. I have had a few weak moments, and have fallen off of the wagon a couple of times in my 6 month journey, but have gotten right back on again. I have lost 43 pounds so far since March of this year, and I have 10 more to go. Whoever it was that said that the last 10 pounds are the hardest to lose certainly new what they were talking about! I have been stuck for a month at the same weight...talk about frustrating! I am needing some online friends on this site who might be able to exchange some words of encouragement and give some big old cyber space pats on the back. So please, if you have room in your friends list for just one more friend, add me! I currently feel like such a loser, as I only have 2 friends on here, and one is my husband so he was kind of obligated! lol. Thanks all!

Replies

• BFarnsworth
    BFarnsworth Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I know what its like being a Hoosier and trying to lose weight. We love our food especially meat and potatoes... in my case it was burgers and fries. Good luck keep at it and beware indiana weather. Add me if youd like.
  • tjphelps73
    tjphelps73 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You can shake those ten pounds!! They definitely build strong boned Hoosiers in our state!! Meat, potato, vegetable..that is how a meal is suppose to be and do not forget dessert!! Gotta clean your plate so you can have some dessert. LOL...childhood memories.... My poor child will not be able to relate....I offer her almonds and protein bars. LOL
  • crimznrose
    crimznrose Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the Indiana MFP group! I grew up on a farm, so it wasn't only eating meat & potatoes, it was learning to cook them in every tasty way imaginable. I've been eating healthier for a year now and my family still complains about all the "diet food" I buy and prepare - but they eat it or starve :laugh: