My inner fangirl is shrieking!

Options
Squeeeee!!! NY Comic Con is almost here! ......... And my inner fangirl is going wild :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :love:

So super excited :heart:

And today, that is why I'm a geek.

Replies

• monkeefun
    monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    So jealous! I hope it's fun - we're talking about finally making plans and going next year!
  • Nerdinista
    Nerdinista Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Have fun! Take lots of cool cosplay pics!
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I found out that Wil Wheaton is going to be at Comic Con in Austin. Woot! My husband will just have to deal with me bouncing off the walls.
  • DKaye09
    DKaye09 Posts: 109
    Options
    I'll have my two year old with me, so hopefully she'll cooperate with me taking pics! I'm so excited. I can't wait to see all the sites, and just take it all in... plus I'm a super people watcher, so this is my kind of place :bigsmile:

Wil Wheaton is going to be at Wizard World Austin???
  • Shelle921
    Shelle921 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I wanted to go to NYCC so bad! Oh well...

This is my first post in the group and it had nothing to do with dieting. So...yeah. Nice to meet y'all. =)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Have fun! Take picutres and share! I got no cons on my calender until next year. Seattle's Emerald City Comic-con in March of 2013 and then SDCC in July.
  • DKaye09
    Options
    I wanted to go to NYCC so bad! Oh well...

This is my first post in the group and it had nothing to do with dieting. So...yeah. Nice to meet y'all. =)

Nice to meet you! :flowerforyou:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I wanted to go but judging on last year's turn out... That kind of crowded is such a turn off.. They need to make better use of the space. Waiting all day for a Walking Dead panel and being told it is full sorry is NOT the move.
  • DKaye09
    Options
    Have fun! Take picutres and share! I got no cons on my calender until next year. Seattle's Emerald City Comic-con in March of 2013 and then SDCC in July.

I'll take as many pics as I can. Thankfully I'll be there for both Saturday and Sunday, so that means twice as much opportunity! Happy to share :)
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I'll have my two year old with me, so hopefully she'll cooperate with me taking pics! I'm so excited. I can't wait to see all the sites, and just take it all in... plus I'm a super people watcher, so this is my kind of place :bigsmile:

They had the very first ever Comic Con in Ottawa this past summer - it was Awesome..well except the part when they cancelled Patrick Stewart and added William Shatner (that man is HORRIBLE, as well as being senile). We brought our 4yr old also - bad idea if you are planning to try to get autographs or go to any of the talks. At 2 they might still sleep thru but at 4.. we had to leave early.

I hope you have a good time!
  • DKaye09
    Options

They had the very first ever Comic Con in Ottawa this past summer - it was Awesome..well except the part when they cancelled Patrick Stewart and added William Shatner (that man is HORRIBLE, as well as being senile). We brought our 4yr old also - bad idea if you are planning to try to get autographs or go to any of the talks. At 2 they might still sleep thru but at 4.. we had to leave early.

I hope you have a good time!

Thanks! I brought her last year too, so I know that nap time is a good thing :wink: As for when she gets older... I may have to change my game plan!
  • Nerdinista
    Options
    Was it everything you dreamed it'd be and more??
  • DKaye09
    Options
    I had a great time! Thank you for asking :)

I'm still recovering though... which has been harder than I thought. My knee seems really screwed up right now :frown:
  • DKaye09
    Options
    Did I mention I met Stan Lee?
  • DKaye09
    Options
    I posted this on Facebook when I could finally get a coherent thought going. Figured I'd share here!

"I'm still recovering from NYCC... it's not so easy. Aside from the general exhaustion and lack of sleep; my legs, back and neck are still horribly sore, I have bruised armpits from my backpack, & my knee seems to be seriously screwed up.

Met Stan Lee, Kirk Hammett, and Sesame Street's Elmo & Gordon. Hung out and went to dinner with Nicholas Brendon and Phil Lamarr. Ran into Paul Scheer and Rob Corddry. Said hello to Lou Ferrigno, The Oatmeal, Adrianne Curry, Brutus "the Barber" Beefcake, Greg "the Hammer" Valentine, and Tito Santana. Saw amazing costumes, and awful ones. My 2 year old danced on the Just Dance 4 stage, and in the 3D tv booth. She had her picture taken by a million strangers and posed and smiled like a superstar. She walked the variant stage in the kids costume contest, braved the crowds walking the show floor, and partied like a rock star. We had an awesomely amazing and fantastically draining weekend! (And we're so ready to do it again)"
  • Nerdinista
    Options
    How awesome! Glad you had a good time! Dinner with Samurai Jack himself?!?! Wow!
  • DKaye09
    Options
    Yes, dinner with Samurai Jack AND Xander Harris :swoon: Hahaha

My 2 year old, in one of the pics from around the internet: tumblr_mbw652aBfI1qed9ogo1_1280.jpg
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Awww so cute.... I see in the background it's just as crowded as last year, glad I didn't go lol :laugh:
    Glad you had a good time tho
  • DKaye09
    Options
    Thank you! It was ridiculously crowded as usual, but still a good time.:smile: