Where the Zoms Are...

Options
suemar74
suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
I hope this works. This is usually where I run from zombies...with moans and groans around every corner :)

2012-10-11175054.jpg

2012-10-11175554.jpg

Fitting, no?

2012-10-11175528.jpg

And, what the hell...this is me, being brave (after "mission completed", of course) ...

2012-10-11175643.jpg

Where are your zombies?

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Love it! :heart:

My favorite place to run...

IMAG0740.jpg

IMAG0734.jpg

IMAG0745.jpg
  • suemar74
    Options
    It's official...I now must find a runnable cemetery. Oh my god, that would be flippin' awesome!!
  • LorinaLynn
    Options
    There's never anyone there, and the drive is about about .25 miles of rolling hills around it... like a creepy little track. :laugh:
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    OMG there is no way in hell I could run in those areas! I swear I would pee my pants. I run mostly on the treadmill in my spare room. It faces out the window. I have to have the blinds open when I run (no one behind us) because we have a motion sensor light out there and the thing comes on all the time! THAT scares the crap outta me.
    If I ran in the woods to all that moaning and groaning, if someone came around the corner I know I would go all ninja on them and then I would be wanted for assault.

Honestly I get shivers just thinking about where you 2 run!
  • crimznrose
    crimznrose Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    My running area isn't nearly as cool, but you definitely get that isolated apocolypse feeling. I've never posted pics to the forum, so I hope this works...

Untitled-1_zps52bf1937.jpg

Untitled-2_zpse2b321c6.jpg

Untitled-3_zps96da9698.jpg
  • suemar74
    Options
    Ha! Those zombies are awesome. That first pic really does look post-apocalyptic, too!

- (And you were right...you ARE in the middle of a field, lol!)

Froggie - it really makes it more fun. That's where I was running that time I went all dork-ified and heard the loud groan and turned around, lol.
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    OMG those places really look creepy when you put it in zombie context. I just use my treadmill and usually have the Zombie Chase shut off. I may have to turn the chase on to see what it sounds like.
  • redfroggie
    Options
    Ha! Those zombies are awesome. That first pic really does look post-apocalyptic, too!

- (And you were right...you ARE in the middle of a field, lol!)

Froggie - it really makes it more fun. That's where I was running that time I went all dork-ified and heard the loud groan and turned around, lol.

Bwahahahahaha! I can see why!
  • redfroggie
    Options
    OMG those places really look creepy when you put it in zombie context. I just use my treadmill and usually have the Zombie Chase shut off. I may have to turn the chase on to see what it sounds like.

Do you have an armband thingy hajenkatt? If so you can turn on the accelerometer and select armband thingy....if you have an iPod or iPhone. I'm not sure if Android has an accelerometer...
  • crimznrose
    crimznrose Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'll have to take some pictures of that wooded area behind our house. My husband made trails through the woods that would be awesome to do the runs in if I weren't so paranoid about twisting an ankle. I'm am so the type of girl who'd be running through the woods from zombies and monsters, only to trip or twist her ankle. You know the girl, the one you get so mad at for looking back at her pursuers in those movies. :laugh:
  • LorinaLynn
    Options
    I don't know what it is... whether it's because I grew up playing in the woods by my family's cabin in the Poconos, or some kind of bat-like sonar from having such bad eyesight, but I have no problem on wooded and rocky trails. It's like some sixth sense kicks in and my feet land in just the right place.

But I trip on a crack in the sidewalk when walking. :indifferent:
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Your second pic looks like the street I run on, only there's a house and yard every so often. The atmosphere really makes all the difference!
  • seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Some pictures from my current favorite 5k route. :)

IMAG0972.jpg

IMAG0973.jpg