Weigh-Ins

Ajnyvt09
Ajnyvt09 Posts: 22 Member
I'm curious as to how often everyone is weighing themselves, and how often you update your progress on the tracker. I am currently weighing myself once a week and updating the tracker weekly as well. Is anyone doing this daily? I get anxious about the weekly weigh-in; even when I've done great with my tracking, eating, and exercising all week!

I lost almost 7 lbs last week, and am down .2 this week. Ugh! I know, the number on the scale isn't everything, but it is still tough not seeing it move. I'm not giving up though....:-). MFP and the support on here is so great!

Replies

• 2012AMB
    2012AMB Posts: 11
    I do an official weigh in weekly at the same time and on the same day of the week (Friday morning). I record on the tracker that day. Sometimes I'll take a peek at the scale in between just to get a feel for how my weight changes throughout the week but I find that I am doing that less and less because the numbers seem to go up and down on a whim and it freaks me out!
  • brittanykira
    brittanykira Posts: 220 Member
    I started weighing myself on Saturdays but when I joined the group "Lose 20 lbs by Christmas" I started weighing on Wednesdays because that is weigh in day. I need a new scale though, preferably one that is digital.
  • thatsingergirl
    thatsingergirl Posts: 70 Member
    I do it once a week, but I notice that I start retaining water (like 5-8 lb) towards my time of the month, so it's not always accurate. I find I get the most accurate weight 3 days after my period ends, because that's when my body is holding the least water. Don't know if anyone else has this issue....
  • morgycg
    morgycg Posts: 38 Member
    I actually try to do it every morning when I get up, but some days I forget.