Any American Expats Here?

Options
Hi :)

My name is Mimi. I'm originally from the US but moved to Wales last year to be with my British husband. As far as weight loss goes, I have a loooooooong way to go! We all gotta start somewhere, though!

I would love to get to know all of you but was just curious as to whether there are any other Americans on this board!

<3

Replies

• xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    Options
    Hey Mimi, Im not from the US, but Just wanted to give you a warm welcome :D xxxx
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Me! I'm originally from Michigan (Minnesota and New York are also "home"). I've lived in Devon for just over 4 years now, after moving to be with my husband. :)
  • kyla4u
    kyla4u Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Born and raised in Indiana, then moved to DC where I met my British husband. I've been living in the UK on and off for 15 years. We live Berkshire. Please feel free to friend me if you wish!
  • LDragonfly1980
    LDragonfly1980 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am the british half of a Californian Man who lives with me here in the UK in Hampshire :)
  • rockingallovertheworld
    Options
    Hello and welcome.
    I am not American but my daughter is married to an American and lives in Indianapolis. Ironically she spent a year in San Diego in 2007/2008 as part of her University course and had a fab time but would not get into a relationship because she knew she had to come home,well she came home for her final Uni year and met Zach who was here for a year from his US university and as they say the rest is history. She managed to get a job at Hilton Head South Carolina ans she and Zach made the 17 hour each way journey to see each other every month (He lived in Wabash Indiana) Then in June 2010 they got married and he got a job at Hilton Head. In January this year they both got jobs in Indainapolis and now live in Carmel.
    Feel free to add me as a friend.:flowerforyou:
  • Crys1972
    Options
    Hi, I'm American, born and raise around Lake Erie, Pennsylvania, I moved here just over 12 years ago to be with my British husband. I'm struggling to lose anything, I seem to lose my motivation after a week or so. Any encouragement would be great!!! I live in South Yorkshire just outside of Sheffield.