First work lunch

Options
britstrrr
britstrrr Posts: 33 Member
Been vegan about 3-4 weeks now without any trouble. Had a large work meeting today where lunch was provided. I didn't pack one thinking either I'd load up on veggies or drive to the nearest subway. Unfortunately, the morning ran late, leaving a much shorter lunch = no subway. They served sandwiches, in which the vegetarian had mayo and cheese. There was a fruit tray but no veggie tray. I guess I learned my lesson and will always pack a lunch, or at least snacks. In the meantime I'm starving :/

Replies

• iamDawnAnderson
    iamDawnAnderson Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear this britstrrr! I know it doesn't help, but we've probably all been there! I always keep a spare meal at work for instances like that. I would have probably grabbed 2 veggie sandwiches and put together the parts without mayo (assuming it was on 1 side of the bread). Hope you get to cut out mid afternoon to grab something!
  • britstrrr
    britstrrr Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Interesting idea with the 2 sandwiches! I had a huge delicious dinner when I got home, was worth waiting :)
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    those days suck at work. work is getting better because of vegetarian choices, but vegan ones i dont think a lot of employers get it. thankfully i work at whole foods and theres at least fruit and veggies for me. of course, mostly meat, but when people think vegan most think all they eat are fruits and veggies. glad your dinner was great though.