Hello

Options
Good Morning from TX. This is my second day on the site and I am still learning all its potential. I see that most of the folks on this site are mothers however I hope you all will be ok with my joining even though i do not have children. I have 50 pds to lose and need an avenue in which I can share with others as I take baby steps. I have tried so many times to lose without succes but I keep trying. I suspect I can learn a lot from all of you as you travel the road to success while taking care of your self and your families. :smile:

Replies

• MeAfter30
    MeAfter30 Posts: 129
    Options
    We'd love to have you!! This group is for anyone who is looking for a little more support along the way!! Differences is what makes us great! The baby steps approach is so simple it's genius! (And of course not something I made up) I mean anyone can lose a pound right? Five pounds? Not that hard! So you just focus on that, and then doing it again and again. If I stop and think I need to lose 80 pounds I am like..... ah hell no! Haha! I want to give up right then and there.

So glad you joined us!!
  • jean701
    jean701 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good Morning from TX. This is my second day on the site and I am still learning all its potential. I see that most of the folks on this site are mothers however I hope you all will be ok with my joining even though i do not have children. I have 50 pds to lose and need an avenue in which I can share with others as I take baby steps. I have tried so many times to lose without succes but I keep trying. I suspect I can learn a lot from all of you as you travel the road to success while taking care of your self and your families. :smile:

I believe anyone can lose the weight with the right support, and I think that is one of the many things you'll receive here :).....I can't say I've got 50 lbs to lose, but I'm still trying to change my habits....the bad ones....and still trying to get motivated to exercise. I'm not the greatest when it comes to exercising (cardio) on the treadmill, but I do get out and get some movement in during the day, and I figure, all movement counts to burning calories :)
    Glad you're here.....
  • Roboartist
    Options
    Welcome aboard. My best friend is childless by choice so i have no problem there and no plans on talking anybody into having babies, that sort of behavior sort of weirds me out. To each his/her own.

I am working on about 85 pounds to lose right now though my food diary today makes it look like i gave up. My baby step right now is being consistent with journaling my food. I have had some health issues keeping me from really regularly exercising but i think that is all behind me at this point, just got to find my mojo with all of Oregon's soggy weather making exercise a lot less appealing.

Do you have a goal you are working on for this week?
  • thethingirlinside
    Options
    Welcome aboard,