Opening / Closing times

Options
cruciia
cruciia Posts: 94 Member
Hey everyone!

I go to the Curves Gym in Heathridge, Perth, Western Australia. I was wondering if people in other countries / states feel the same way about the Curves opening and closing times, or even if they are the same?

My Curves is open from 7am-11am, then again from 3:00-7:00pm, on Fridays 3:30-6:30. On Saturdays it's only open from 9-11am.

For me, my ideal time to go to the gym would be around noon, and I always feel like I'm waiting around for when the gym opens and i lose a little motivation. It seems every Curves in WA has times like this aswell. I've heard of some Curves gyms that are open all day! That would be amazing.

Replies

• GetteJ
    GetteJ Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I really think it depends on how much a gym owner feels they can afford to staff with coaches. Curves corporate wont allow unstaffed open hours.
  • MrsSpace
    MrsSpace Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Our Curves is open all day-7-7 on MTWTh, and 7-6 on Friday. 9-12 on Saturday. During the summer, they closed at 6 everyday. Which sucked for the working people like me who get off of work at 5. I wish our Curves would close for a few hours during the day, because there's a new rumor going around that they are going back to closing at 6 to cut hours. By the time I left work, picked up my daughter from aftercare at school and made it to the center, I barely had time to work out. :(
  • tigs728
    tigs728 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Have to say the erratic opening hours for the one I attend is a bit of a gamebreaker for me. Work hours and travel distance mean that when I can make it, it is not open. I can understand business sustainability decisions and all but in the end if the customers are not catered for it leads to reduced business....etc. Meantime, I love the sessions and make the most of it as I can. :flowerforyou:
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: I don't think ANYONE likes Curves hours, and I sure understand it being hard to get there with a conflicting work/travel schedule!! I believe Curves allows a little flexibility but not much. Probably Liability and Increased Insurance would prevent 24/7 hours.