Season 3 - Episode 1 "Seed" (10/14/12)

Options

Replies

• MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I can't believe they cut Hershel's leg off! Or moreso I don't believe it will actually stop the infection.. we'll see! (I have not ever read the comics)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Fun episode. I'm psyched.
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I was a bit confused when it first started. freaked out when Hershel got bit. Couldn't figure out what happened to Maggie and Glen when they got separated- not sure if they showed it or not. wondering how the hacking off of the leg will work- if it'll keep him from turning or not.
  • joelabro
    joelabro Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I was a bit confused when it first started. freaked out when Hershel got bit. Couldn't figure out what happened to Maggie and Glen when they got separated- not sure if they showed it or not. wondering how the hacking off of the leg will work- if it'll keep him from turning or not.

They were moving back down the corridor, Maggie and Glen were in the rear, a group of walkers popped out, splitting the group up. Maggie and Glen hid in some kind of closet.
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I don't know what happened to Rick over the winter but all I have to say is HELLS YEAH!!!!! He has every right to be that way to Lori. She was the one that kept whispering in his ear about how Shane was trying to rip their family apart and then when he finally takes care of business, she is pissed.

I'm really digging the way that Carl looks lately. He look a lot more like his character in the comic book. Does anyone else think the dynamic between Carl and Hershel's daughter is a little weird?

Speaking of weird love connections Carol needs to back up off Daryl. He's way to hot for her!!!

Favorite zombie kill of the episode: The gas mask zombie whose skin gets ripped off when Rick pulls the gas mask off his face.
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I don't know what happened to Rick over the winter but all I have to say is HELLS YEAH!!!!! He has every right to be that way to Lori. She was the one that kept whispering in his ear about how Shane was trying to rip their family apart and then when he finally takes care of business, she is pissed.

I'm really digging the way that Carl looks lately. He look a lot more like his character in the comic book. Does anyone else think the dynamic between Carl and Hershel's daughter is a little weird?

Speaking of weird love connections Carol needs to back up off Daryl. He's way to hot for her!!!

Favorite zombie kill of the episode: The gas mask zombie whose skin gets ripped off when Rick pulls the gas mask off his face.

I agree with you on every point. It was a little weird with Carl and Hershels younger daughter.

And really Carol? I hope they don't have them hook up! I wasn't pleased in last seasons final episode when Daryl went back for Carol and she was all over him on the back of the bike. I like to think the only reason he went back for her was because he just likes her around to do the laundry!
  • Mina133842
    Options
    I was wondering about the Carl has a crush on Beth thing too. Will have to rewatch the episode again anyway- Yay DVR! lol
    Now have my roommates hooked- since I was watching the marathon on Sat while doing housework... they are watching them on Netflix. lol
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options

I agree with you on every point. It was a little weird with Carl and Hershels younger daughter.

And really Carol? I hope they don't have them hook up! I wasn't pleased in last seasons final episode when Daryl went back for Carol and she was all over him on the back of the bike. I like to think the only reason he went back for her was because he just likes her around to do the laundry!

Or maybe skin his squirrels and pluck his owls...LOL!
  • joeq722
    joeq722 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    And how can the walkers have enough "memory" to turn doorknobs, but not enough to remove helmets? - they both stand in the way of them eating.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    they are all infected right? why did they have to cut herschel's leg off?
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

so he wouldnt die right away and then become a walker sooner than if he dies a normal death

of course, rick is no surgeon so hershell will probably bleed to death anyway, but at least he got to feel the awful of having his leg unnecessarily hacked off :laugh:
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

so he wouldnt die right away and then become a walker sooner than if he dies a normal death

of course, rick is no surgeon so hershell will probably bleed to death anyway, but at least he got to feel the awful of having his leg unnecessarily hacked off :laugh:

cutting off the leg will just make the bleeding worse right?

and why was glen looking for scratches?

maybe they still dont believe rick?
  • meshashesha2012
    Options

cutting off the leg will just make the bleeding worse right?

and why was glen looking for scratches?

maybe they still dont believe rick?

i took glen's scratch checking to be a substitute for other physical closeness they havent been able to have since they've been on the run. if they've all been huddled around a fire, squatting in living rooms, i doubt there's been much sexy time. especially since maggie's dad and little sister are right within ear shot
  • sometimes_blondie
    Options
    All I can say is this: ZOMBIES IN RIOT GEAR!!!!! AWESOME!!!:laugh:
  • Mina133842
    Options
    I think the scratch and bites turned you quicker - right? I'm just wondering if hacking off Hershell's leg will do anything. Crazy! Can't wait for next Sunday!
  • goddessdani
    goddessdani Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great episode. Love the group fighting hand to hand. I thought Hershell was going to die right then when he got bitten hopefully he won't though he has medical experience.
    I think it's cute Carl has a crush.
    Still loving Maggie and Glenn, they have such good chemistry.
  • meshashesha2012
    Options
    maybe hershell will turn into a a doctor zombie complete with stethoscope ?
  • Aloe9100
    Aloe9100 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ummm what Carol doing flirting with Daryl? First of all, she can flirt? Second she's not hot enough for Daryl. And third Daryl is my boyfriend :)

I love WD. Best show ever. That and the Voice haha.
  • psiphiorg
    psiphiorg Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    From both the first and last episodes of the first season, getting bitten or scratches gives you an infection which quickly leads to fever and death. The infection which causes the fever and death is apparently not the same infection as the one which reanimates you, but having the former brings about the latter much more quickly
  • meshashesha2012
    Options
    From both the first and last episodes of the first season, getting bitten or scratches gives you an infection which quickly leads to fever and death. The infection which causes the fever and death is apparently not the same infection as the one which reanimates you, but having the former brings about the latter much more quickly

my long held theory about zombie bites and scratches is that even if they arent typically fatal, you'd be infected with all kinds of disgusting stuff from whatever germs and cooties hang around the decaying flesh of zombies mouths and fingers. at least thats the only way i can explain how in movies people seem to die even from non-fatal zombie attacks. it's like getting scratched with a rusty nail that had been soaking in an open sewer :laugh: add to that stress lowers your immunity and wham your dead.

i've spent far too much time thinking about this clearly :embarassed: