How was your weekend?

Options
So how was everyone's weekend? Do anything interesting? Have a hot date?

I had a good relaxing weekend. I always enjoy weekends where I don't have to work.

Saturday morning I played some flag football in the morning, my team won all 3 games because we rock. I caught the last games, game winning touch down! I followed that by getting my hair cut and highlighted. Since I had a professional hair styling I had to go out that night so a friend and I went to a blues and bbq festival that was in town. It was pretty boring so we were leaving early and walking buy a place that is a music venue and someone gave us 2 tickets to the Heart and Journey cover bands that were playing that night. My friend kept getting hit on by two married douche bags, they didn't even bother taking their rings off. I had fun with a 1/2 drunk and fully drunk guy. The drunk guy kept wanting to two step and spin me around in a full bar. The 1/2 drunk guy was probably the tallest guy in the place and help my friend shake off the two married douche bags.

Sunday I had softball playoffs. We won the first game but lost the 2nd game, to the #1 ranked team in a walk off (8 to 7). I am so proud of how our team improved from the begining of the season when we would get mercy ruled in 3 innings.

Replies

• NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Friday night, my neighbor and I drove into the city of Detroit for a revival. Only 4 people were there OUTSIDE in the cold listening to the speaker so we left and hung out at her boyfriend's house. I met his friend and she and I took them back to our apartment complex. In the morning, she and I made breakfast (scrambled egg whites and turkey bacon) and took the guys home.

Would I call it a "hot date"? Kind of sort of no. He is WAY more into me than I am him so I feel like he and I need to have a "defining the relationship" talk. For me, it was more of a "lemme see if I can snag you with my 30 lb lighter body". He'll learn eventually that we have NOTHING in common and loose interest. We are all supposed to hang out again this weekend at a club for a b-day party.

Saturday and Sunday I worked and worked on school stuff (papers on Gestalt Therapy and a review on a book... Oh what fun ::sarcasm::).
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you had a good weekend. I didn't do anything remotely athletic this weekend. I have a very sore hamstring I am trying to rest up. I have a bout 7 weeks until a half marthon in Vegas so I am just resting it and stretching it a lot. Friday I went to a high school football game between two pretty good teams. It ended up 40-35 with the trailing team drving the ball in the last 2 minutes. They ran out of time and threw a desperation interception with 4 seconds left. I got home just in time to see the Cardinals score 4 runs in the top of the 9th to advance to the NLCS. Go Cardinals!!

On Saturday, I had a date with a gal I met a few months ago. It went very well. We went to dinner at a place with good pizza then we went to a comedy club afterwards. The opening comedian (Ted) is a guy who works as a security guard at my agency. He told me the headliner was really good and he was right. If you ever get a chance to see Todd Yohn do it. Todd Yohn ran over by about 40 minutes so we were late getting out of there and she had to pick uo her kids from her mom. Her mom was a little worried because it was our first date (we had a meeting about 2 months ago), she didn't show up on time and she wasn't answering the phone (because we were in the show). In the car ride home her mom was giving her the third degree about not letting her know she was okay, etc. After I dropped her off, I noticed 3 missed calls from her mom too. I told her that if the police were waiting at my house there wasn't going to be another date. Otherwise, I had fun and would like to see her again. I got home right around midnight and caught the end of the Texas A&M Louisiana Tech game. God do all my teams have to put me on an emotional roller coaster this weekend. A&M held on to win 59-57. Gig Em!

The gossip mill was working today. Apparently Ted has a big mouth because first thing this morning my boss told me he heard my date was gorgeous. I've heard similar comments from several coworkers as well. I'm not sure if that was Ted's doing or my boss'. He has a big mouth too.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Low key weekend.....met bf's son and his girlfiend, which was fine. the son was very quiet. Then on Saturday brought nieces to gymnastics and "lost" my sister briefly--could not find her to return her daughter--ridiculous really! I ran errands, saw my nephews soccer game, then went with that sister to look for hats & mittens (was in the 20's Sat. morning!!!). Sat. night my bf and I and his son and gf went to a Haunted Graveyard event which was fun, but not all that scary. Sunday we had a total "lazy" day and it was great, but I did have to do some homework ....blah!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Dumped by Mr Beefcake, so said screw it and since I had Monday and Tuesday already off, I started NROLFW and taking today and Tuesday to focus on me.

Had my one day funk and realized, it is his loss, not mine. Some man would be fortunate to have a nice girl like me.

Other than that, crappy weekend, but will rock out this week!
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I went to Vegas with some girlfriends. Had a blast.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    My weekend was meh.. been thinking a lot about big decisions for the future, and whether or not they involve me being single or attached. :indifferent:
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Dumped by Mr Beefcake, so said screw it and since I had Monday and Tuesday already off, I started NROLFW and taking today and Tuesday to focus on me.

Had my one day funk and realized, it is his loss, not mine. Some man would be fortunate to have a nice girl like me.

You are right! It is his loss! Rock on this weekend and I can't wait to hear about it :)
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options

That's awesome you're feeling positive about the situation! Just proves that it WAS his loss. :flowerforyou:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas?
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    My weekend was meh.. been thinking a lot about big decisions for the future, and whether or not they involve me being single or attached. :indifferent:

I will cross my fingers for you that you can figure out which way to go.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options

I was there last weekend. I had to take Tuesday off work too so I could recover.
  • mauryr
    mauryr Posts: 385
    Options
    Went to Disneyland on Saturday with my daughter, for her 17th Bday. Had a really good time. She has the place wired. We ate at "Carthay Circle", a new restaurant in California Adventure (the "other" park there). Food was great, atmosphere was fantastic - a bit of a surprise for theme park dining... It was pretty overpriced, nonetheless. No surprise there :-)

Had a very nice second date Sunday eve... sadly, don't think there will be a third - not my choice. But c'est la vie!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I worked. Went to the gym. OH and my co-workers have certified me as crazy. I work nights including weekends. It's rarely busy at my job on the weekend so Saturday night I went out for walk. It was pouring rain outside and I didn't care. They all thought I was crazy. I had fun enjoying myself in the rain listening to Explosions in the Sky music. I guess I am weird in that way. I actually LOVE being out in crazy bad weather walking, jogging, etc etc.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i had a great weekend.

on saturday i went to a BBQ at some friends' house. sunday night i had a promising first date with a guy we had great conversation, kissed goodnight and he emailed me last night after the date saying he had a great time and wanted to see me again . i responded yes

and he just emailed me a few moments ago asking m out on thursday. :happy:

so it was pretty good. it's been SO long since i've met a guy i've been mentally compatible with AND who i thought was attractive
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options

UGH!!! I don't know how I missed this thread ..

Did something happen Ashley or are you just still trying to figure out what is going to happen??