Push through

Options
minorgal
minorgal Posts: 41 Member
Oh man, yesterday I did not want to do my workout. My head was telling me that I needed a "rest day". After all, I've been working so hard, and my knees and right ankle could really use a break...

All the excuses sounded soooo alluring. So I put on my pajamas and was ready to just lounge out, when I glanced my workout calendar in the kitchen and realized I am only a few days away from ENDING the torture of Level 2. I've heard Level 3 is way better, and I have to say, I'm not digging all the planks in Level 2.

This was motivation enough for me to get out of my pjs, put on all my workout clothes and do the damned thing!! And once I start, there's no half-assing it. When she starts saying stuff like "you're only cheating yourself", I just jump into high gear.

Moral of the story: listen to your brain telling you all the excuses about why you shouldn't keep going, and then DO IT ANYWAY!

Here's a few motivational mantras I found:

-Every day you decide to workout, you make a decision to benefit your health.

-You are just one workout away from a good mood

-A body at rest wants to stay at rest. A body in motion wants to stay in motion.

-No hurt, no mini skirt.

-There are no shortcuts to any place worth going

-No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everyone on the couch!

-Whether you think you can, or whether you think you can't, either way you're right!

-You will never know your limits unless you push yourself to them.

-Obsessed is the word the lazy use to describe the dedicated

Hope everyone is having a great Monday!!

Replies

• yannimom
    yannimom Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Oh man, yesterday I did not want to do my workout. My head was telling me that I needed a "rest day". After all, I've been working so hard, and my knees and right ankle could really use a break...

All the excuses sounded soooo alluring. So I put on my pajamas and was ready to just lounge out, when I glanced my workout calendar in the kitchen and realized I am only a few days away from ENDING the torture of Level 2. I've heard Level 3 is way better, and I have to say, I'm not digging all the planks in Level 2.

This was motivation enough for me to get out of my pjs, put on all my workout clothes and do the damned thing!! And once I start, there's no half-assing it. When she starts saying stuff like "you're only cheating yourself", I just jump into high gear.

Moral of the story: listen to your brain telling you all the excuses about why you shouldn't keep going, and then DO IT ANYWAY!

Here's a few motivational mantras I found:

-Every day you decide to workout, you make a decision to benefit your health.

-You are just one workout away from a good mood

-A body at rest wants to stay at rest. A body in motion wants to stay in motion.

-No hurt, no mini skirt.

-There are no shortcuts to any place worth going

-No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everyone on the couch!

-Whether you think you can, or whether you think you can't, either way you're right!

-You will never know your limits unless you push yourself to them.

-Obsessed is the word the lazy use to describe the dedicated

Hope everyone is having a great Monday!!

Awesome mantras, I'm going to steal them :). I was feeling the exact same way yesterday. I'm happy I didn't listen to that little voice in my head. Day 15 here I come.. We have officially half the journey... already thinking about which one of her exercise I want to do next.
  • minorgal
    minorgal Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    We should keep the support group going!! I want to do another one after this one too :)
  • HappyNelle
    Options
    -No hurt, no mini skirt.

Ha ha..! Painfully true for some of us... GREAT JOB pushing through! Planning ahead really works for me too. I also have plans for another in November :-)
  • lewis350
    Options
    I am doing ripped on 30 days in November anyone want to join me?

I am also pinching the mantras! ;p
  • Varibaby
    Varibaby Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    No hurt, no mini skirt! Luv it! Yup we're doing so well- def no stopping now! I've missed a couple of days, now on l2d3 but I don't intend to skip any more....no pain, no gain rite? :p