Zumba calories

Options
Rmazula
Rmazula Posts: 58 Member
Do I just need to get a pedometer/calorie counter thing to tell how many calories or I am burning or how can I tell to properly track it on MFP?

Replies

• sjingerso
    sjingerso Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been using a Polar Heat rate monitor while I do Zumba.
  • Ladyzumba
    Ladyzumba Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I use zumbacalories.com it gives a pretty good estimate.
  • UpBeatMaria
    UpBeatMaria Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Aloha! :) I would get a heart rate monitor or a body bugg to track how many calories you burn. When you start a new fitness routine or format, you will burn more calories and as you become more in shape, you burn less calories doing the same thing. It is hard to track calories using MFP because the calorie burn is always consistent when you log through MFP and every person burns a different amount of calories depending on the exercise and their personal fitness level.
  • Reese61477
    Reese61477 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    It varies for me depending on which teacher I'm dancing with, lol! I use my heart rate monitor.

I do burn less now that I've been doing it for a year and a half.
  • Glitterpisser
    Options
    So glad i found this thread! was kinda disheartend when i was a panting aching sweaty mess after 63mins of 4+5 star zumba rush on the kinect and it tell me i burnt 294calories...just used the zumbacalories site and it said 952calories! now i want another go! =) happy me!
  • lavendergirll
    lavendergirll Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have not been able to find a good time to take a Zumba class in my area right now. So I got Zumba WII Core DVD. You put in your weight and age and stuff and then you begin. It has multiple programs and levels and when you really put yourself out there you gain a level (and also a gift of some kind like a new song or something) I have been doing this workout f (hour) for four days in a row now. Each time it tells me I have burned approximately 600 calories. I am going to put on my pedometer though just to check it out as well.