Winter Targets

Options
Like many people I watched the Horizon programme (Eat, fast and live longer) on the health benefits of fasting 11 weeks or so ago. Since then I have mixed fasting with healthier eating at meals and was until last week doing very well. I originally set myself a goal of losing 22kgs in 17 weeks. I have currently lost 15kgs and have 6 weeks left (i.e. I need to lose 7kgs in the last 6 weeks).

Currently however, I have to confess I am feeling slightly worn (maybe bored is a better word??) by the effort of it all, and instead of my anticipated enthusiasm about the last big push, I strangely find myself a little flat.

Rules
I previously put together a series of rules for me to live by, most of which I think will stick ...

- Only fruit/cereal or toast for breakfast (I am trying to drop the toast but failing miserably). At least on work days
- Never eat anything at work (only chewing gum and bottled water), no lunch Mon – Fri ..... ever .....
- Fast from Tuesday night till Thursday morning every week. Have a banana if I feel tired or weak. Drink loads of water and chew gum !!!
- Get running again, 10km is a nice distance, try to go every day .... minimum is 3 times a week. I had to build up to the 10k originally.

Evenings and weekends, I eat whatever I want, but only up to 10pm and only 3 meals a day on weekends (no snacking). In between meals I drink water and chew gum.

My plan for the last 6 weeks is to increase my exercise to 10km – 20km per day, and reduce my 10km times. Reducing the 10k times is killing me ..... it really hurts now that I am under 60 mins.... I originally wanted to get under 52mins, but I think now I will be lucky to get under 55mins.

Goals
I play in a football tournament overseas every year (in Nov) with my friends, which has been a great motivator, but I have started to wonder what I will do post football tournament?. Does anyone have any goals I can steal?

I am thinking of replacing my normal ‘No drinking in January’, with some form of fasting..... but not quite decided yet, and I am not sure this is enough to keep me motivated ......

I would like to run in a few 10k runs next summer. Does anyone know the dates of any ?. This would be a good motivation for me ....

Does anyone have any other ideas???

Replies

• kijoneko
    kijoneko Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    JogScotland has an events list. It only goes up to December 2012 but you can look through past events, lots of them are annual so at least you'll have an idea what might be happening come summer.
    http://www.jogscotland.org.uk/events

Sounds like you are doing great, your dedication is inspiring!
  • stuart090575
    Options
    Hi Kijoneko,

Great website, this will be of use for sure.... :-). I quite fancy a few runs during the summer months, it will give me something to focus on.

i am not sure what I can do over the winter though ....

I'm not there yet, and cant get complacent, I really need to keep it going, if I do, I will get there over the next couple of months, fingers and toes crossed......