Favorite NSV?

Options
AmiC0717
AmiC0717 Posts: 440 Member
What's your favorite NSV to share with the group?

I am a newbie to the elliptical but have been at it for about 3 or 4 weeks now. Usually I get on for about 30 minutes and convince myself not to die before it's over. Tonight I realized I missed it (hadn't done it for a few days) so I drove to the Y and actually set it to complete a program instead of manual. I completed a whole program where it changed the incline and resistance the whole time. That's a first for me on any machine let alone the elliptical. :)

Replies

• 04hoopsgal73
    04hoopsgal73 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    That is quite an achievement. Recently my favorite NSV is a good night’s sleep. Others are my clothes fittin comfortable, feeling well, having more energy, no more sleepy afternoons and living off caffeine. My favorite NSV activity has been redisocvering the fun and exhilaration of bicycling. I sprained my ankle a few months ago and the bike has become my new best buddy.:smile:
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Getting on a bike was how I lost my first 35lbs. I rode all summer long and then just started using the elliptical. Walking just isn't my thing but riding my bike really makes me happy. Glad it does for you too!
  • 04hoopsgal73
    04hoopsgal73 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    This weekend I fit into a pair of nice dress capri slacks that I bought in 2007 and wore them to a baby shower.
    I wore them once and loved them but they sadly moved to the side of my closet as I allowed my
    weight to creep back onto my body.

Half the people there I had not seen for 3 years and I received many compliments on how well I looked and what was
    my secret to losing weight and looking young….

Oh what a feeling...:happy:
  • MelodyBronson
    MelodyBronson Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My favorite NSVs are putting on clothes and them feeling looser!......the scale does not move much, but apparently people see that I am losing....a very good friend told for last week..."your butt's getting smaller!"....feels good to be noticed...in a good way!