Do you reward yourself with crochet/knit goodies?

Options
alisiaendris
alisiaendris Posts: 213 Member
I did it! I lost ten pounds since joining MFP! :happy: I am so excited! I deserve and need to make myself something! I want it to look good AND be able to wear it throughout my weightloss journey...thinking this might do the trick:

http://mrsmicawber.blogspot.com/2011/03/queen-annes-lace-crochet-scarf-tutorial.html

Replies

• Brandiberry77
    Brandiberry77 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    This is one of my biggest motivations to my weight loss. Being able to wear any shirt or skirt I crochet. I also noticed in my weight loss so far shoes are fitting better and more comfortabley and I am thinking hats and gloves will too.
  • kayakinggrrl
    kayakinggrrl Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily reward myself with a new knitted garment because I knit just about as slowly as I lose weight. However, I have been known to reward myself with yarn and spinning fiber.
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    i don't because yarn is my job so it becomes less and less of a hobby all the time.

i really haven't come up with anything to reward myself with yet. i really can't think of anything.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    There are a few things I want to make myself when I get to my goal. I originally intended to buy a spinning wheel when I lost 50 lbs. Once I did, I decided I really didn't need another hobby that kept me sitting on my butt. lol
  • ktouton
    ktouton Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I don't knit something just because I lost weight. I go to SAFF or Stitches and get some new yarn (and then make something new)
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Mine is more consoling myself if I'm needing a pick me up. The other day I was extremely frustrated about something so my sweet husband brought me home two skeins of baby alpaca and two skeins of an alpaca/silk blend. Beautiful, soft yarny goodness and I didn't drown my frustration in chocolate!