And so it begins....

Options
vtate75
vtate75 Posts: 221 Member
Today I officially start training for a 70.3. It's still 6 months away, but I am ready to get to work. I bought a few books to help, and I mapped out my plan for the week. This morning I did an awesome swim workout that was in a book I bought. It was very challenging. I actually needed about 15 more minutes to complete it, but I didn't have time.

I'm feeling pretty confident that it will all be ok, and I'll be ready. I ran my first half marathon this weekend and I was thrilled with my time (1:52:56). I was thinking I would be around 2:05 - 2:10, so to beat it by that much was very good for my confidence. I have the most work to do with the bike portion of the half. I have never been on the bike for more than 40 miles. Ouch! But, there is plenty of time.

My plan right now is to do the TryCharleston long course in April 2013 (http://www.trycharleston.org/index.html) and the Ironman 70.3 in Florida (http://www.ironmanhainescity.com/) in May. The Florida one is actually supposed to be quite hilly, but I think the Charleston one will be flat...a good warm-up for that distance. WOW!

So....that's the plan. Now to train for the plan.

Replies

• scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Whoooo hooo. My favorite distance so far.
  • Drudoo
    Drudoo Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Once you go 70.3, you'll move on up to 140.6!! Don't say you weren't warn!

Way to go on getting a plan laid out! It helps a ton to know where you have to go and what turns are up ahead. There are many of us who have done the 70.3 distance so don't hesitate to ask questions!

Happy training!
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options

Too true
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Good luck with your training! I can't even fathom riding that long, so I'm impressed!
  • vtate75
    vtate75 Posts: 221 Member
    Options

Too true

We shall see. I must admit, the thought has crossed my mind.
  • alaliberte
    Options

Too true

We shall see. I must admit, the thought has crossed my mind.

And here I am stressing over an Olympic distance...yeash. Good luck with this, I will look for your workouts. :)