Week 5 (10/10 - 10/16) Mini-Challenges

Options
Hello everyone! Sorry I’m a bit late getting this upcoming week’s mini-challenges posted. It’s been a crazy week (is it 2013 yet?). I hope everyone is doing well and getting the desired results.

User Brandi_69 suggested cardio for the fitness mini-challenge this week so here goes. I saw another post on my news feed that made me think of this… during the next week, challenge yourself to park further from the door and whenever possible, take the stairs. Just thinking of the lot at my work, that’s a bucket of extra steps every day and that’s just one place I park daily. Try it out at the grocery store, mall, or wherever else you find yourself during the week. If you have a pedometer, post the difference this challenge has made on your daily steps.

For the food challenge, I’d like to spotlight all the good choices we make daily because damn, it is not easy. The choices I’m talking about are ones that, at least for me, I feel like I’m making all day long. Fresh fruit instead of candy, pop chips instead of traditional chips, one glass of wine instead of two, water instead of beer, steamed veggies instead of fries etc. Continue to make these choices and post your successes here. If there is something specific you struggle with, challenge yourself to make a healthier choice.

Have an amazing week and as always, please PM me if you have any suggestions for the remaining weekly mini-challenges. Also, don’t forget to post this week’s weight in the weigh-in spreadsheet at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlVx8BjrK2frdGEtWXVlOXZFYThFeXpCdHBDUlFSMlE.

Cheers!

Replies

• brandi_69
    brandi_69 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    ive been adding 15 minutes on my treadclimber after tapout xt...man is it rough....lol
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    ive been adding 15 minutes on my treadclimber after tapout xt...man is it rough....lol

Damn! Look at you! That sounds rough! I've been parking at the back of any lot. It's adding steps and time to my walks.
  • BridgetForFitness
    Options
    I'm doing the couch to 5k program right now which adds running to my daily walking.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Insanity and well, nothing after.lol. when I do leave the house have been trying not to park too close to the cart return and just pack the baby and the 2yr old.....could change this quickly though since the rainy season is here.
  • sarahthecamper
    sarahthecamper Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I built a simple desk to fit on my treadmill so I can walk (only 2mph) while I do all my computer-related work in the mornings. Last week, instead of sitting on my a*s while online, I walked 10 miles and burned a load of cals. $13 at Home Depot, people. Little things!
  • kekevela
    kekevela Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I got a fitbit on 10/8. At the beginning of last week, my average was 5,900 steps. At the end of the week, that increased to an average of 12,700. It's amazing how much just being aware did for my motivation.
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    Options
    I got a fitbit on 10/8. At the beginning of last week, my average was 5,900 steps. At the end of the week, that increased to an average of 12,700. It's amazing how much just being aware did for my motivation.

That is freaking awesome!!!
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    Options
    I built a simple desk to fit on my treadmill so I can walk (only 2mph) while I do all my computer-related work in the mornings. Last week, instead of sitting on my a*s while online, I walked 10 miles and burned a load of cals. $13 at Home Depot, people. Little things!

That's incredible and so freaking smart! Good for you!