Making this a lifestyle change...

Options
I know that I need to make this a lifestyle change, I think we ALL know that! So we have to start changing our bad habits.... but damn habits are hard to break!

Tonight I went to the Olive Garden and I knew I would be going there for a few days beforehand. I looked up healthy choices before going, I HAD good intentions..... but then I think I threw them out the window on the way to the restaurant, because I like four breadsticks and did not order on the healthy side of the menu. It was GOOD..... but now I am going to pay for it. Also, I know that this is something I have to change permanently to have lifelong success. Otherwise I am just on a "diet" and I will be sure to gain it all back.

What about you guys? Things you know you have to change to make this a lifestyle change?!

Replies

• thethingirlinside
    Options
    I've been trying for years to not have sugar .but to date ,not yet ,better . I'm a stress emotional eater so I think that sp.eaks for its self .
  • MeAfter30
    MeAfter30 Posts: 129
    Options
    I am a stress eater too.... I don't know how you work on that. I know the experts say you have to replace one habit with another or the old habit will just come back, so I guess I have to figure out what to replace with eating when I am stressed. Hmm..... I like the idea of going for a walk instead, but that isn't always possible. I don't know....
  • Roboartist
    Options
    I have good intentions all the time. My good intentions have been to get in 5,000 steps on my Fitbit pedometer and eventually working up to 10,000 per day. The last couple of weeks I have been having occasional dizzy spells and I fainted yesterday so my exercise is on an as tolerated hold while I am waiting on my doctor and test results.

I have decided that I tolerate no exercise this week in favor of sleeping constantly. Deep down I am pretty sure I can tolerate at least the 5,000 steps because yesterday I got almost 10,000 while volunteering at school teaching two art classes and running back and forth to the office and supply room.

I do occasionally stress eat but I think it's boredom eating that is my big downfall. Before this last couple week problem I was doing great avoiding that by kicking the crap out of my kids on Wii Just Dance-Oh yeah, I can dance the pants off my 9 and 11 year olds!