Can We Turn Aria Auto-Sync OFF?

Options
Is there any way to turn the FitBit Aria scale auto-sync for MFP OFF? I weigh myself daily on Aria, but only log my weight weekly on MFP to get a better idea of weekly loss. I don't want my Aria to sync automatically. If they have two apps (one for FitBit and one for Aria) why can't I disconnect one without disconnecting the other?

Replies

• BubbaLax
    BubbaLax Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat here. I don't want my weight to sync. PLEASE give us the option!
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I third this comment.
  • Birdlet
    Birdlet Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'd also like a way to unlink the Aria but keep the ultra linked.
  • NoSmallBeans
    NoSmallBeans Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Melanie_Robinson
    Melanie_Robinson Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Exactly! I don't like this feature at all! Please give us a choice!
  • SJCon
    SJCon Posts: 224
    Options
    Is there any way to turn the FitBit Aria scale auto-sync for MFP OFF? I weigh myself daily on Aria, but only log my weight weekly on MFP to get a better idea of weekly loss. I don't want my Aria to sync automatically. If they have two apps (one for FitBit and one for Aria) why can't I disconnect one without disconnecting the other?

Because the record in fitbit will be picked up by MFP with the new integration. I had a previous thread on this and Steven's (staff) response was that fitbit changes your budget daily based on your weight while MFP changes it in 10 pound increments. So they claim it is more accurate and that is why it syncs over.

Bah like it is all a close and exact science anyway. I still think that as more and more apps are syncing the standard ought to be a sync selection menu so you can say which data two apps sync. That way you can pick and choose the app that is best for a feature and ignore the rest. JMO
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I'd like a choice too since I weigh daily but only want to log it once a week.
  • Ledgehanger
    Ledgehanger Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I would rather have it on as is than off. Having said that, I think if they could consider an option to let us choose how often (perhaps once per day on Xday?), that would be an improvement.

Just my $0.02. :o)
  • NoSmallBeans
    NoSmallBeans Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's actually a great idea... choose a day and the daily weigh in from that day automatically syncs.

The thing is that Aria is NOT a MFP product. It's just an app sync from FB, so it should not be up to MFP to say it should automatically sync for better accuracy. It should be up to the consumer to choose what syncs and when. Besides, my weight fluctuates daily so much (water weight) that I guarantee it is not the most accurate value. That is exactly why it is better for me to look at it once a week. You see a more accurate trend.
  • bartolo5
    bartolo5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I second this. We should be able to choose NOT to sync some of our weight-ins with FitBit area.
  • apleo
    apleo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    As at least 20% of the cost of the scales must be its syncing ability, if you only want to sync 1 day a week better getting cheaper scales & manually input it
  • mousemom18
    mousemom18 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Yes! omigosh I don't want EVERY weight to appear.