PCOS Consistency Challenge

Options
My fellow PCOS sisters,

I am intersted in starting a challenge called Consistency challenge. I love to workout and eat clean to keep PCOS at bay. But the problem is I lack in the consistency department. I have tried overcoming many times, but I start well and fizzle out in the middle.I suddenly thought, how about starting a challenge in the group so that there will be so many people to keep me accountable.

The main idea of this challenge is to be consistent in working out and eating clean. the challenge will start from October 18th and run through November 18th. Anyone who participates, will initially pledge the number of workouts planned for the month. Every day, you need to update in the same thread about the workout you have completed and whether you were able to eat healthy.

The shift of my focus from losing weight to completing the workouts has helped immensely as it makes the process fun filled and challenging and not stressful.

If you would love to join, reply to this thread with the number of workouts planned.

I will start with my pledge.

No of workouts planned - 28

Type of workouts - Mix of Insanity, C25K, Walking, Zumba, Pop pilates

Cheers,
Sandy

Eat clean - Train dirty. :happy:

Replies

• Angieh0811
    Angieh0811 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good idea! I'm in!
    # of workouts 24
    type of workouts will be a mixture of cardio (treadmill and hiking) and strength training at the gym (free weights and machines).
  • appleeatingheathen
    Options
    I miss my period a lot from PCOS and I recently started working out again and I got it right on time. I am in on this challenge I think it really works!
  • felisel
    felisel Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Count me IN!!!. I also need to start to get this PCOS under control. It sucks having this.
  • presleytitus
    presleytitus Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Count me in as well.... :wink:
    Having a rough time getting back on track and hoping this will help.

No. Of Workouts planned: 25
    Type of Workouts: Spin Class/Cardio 3X week
    Strength Training 2X week
  • Sandyrocks82
    Options
    Sounds like a good idea! I'm in!
    # of workouts 24
    type of workouts will be a mixture of cardio (treadmill and hiking) and strength training at the gym (free weights and machines).

Welcome to the challenge. I love your mix of workouts. Good luck.
  • Sandyrocks82
    Options
    I miss my period a lot from PCOS and I recently started working out again and I got it right on time. I am in on this challenge I think it really works!

Its very nice that you got your periods. I too noticed that if I workout, the pain and cramps during TOM reduces to a great extent. We can do this
  • Sandyrocks82
    Options
    Count me IN!!!. I also need to start to get this PCOS under control. It sucks having this.

Welcome to the challenge. It really sucks to have PCOS. Having the right mindset to eat clean and workout is very important and you have already taken that first step. You can really get PCOS under control. Good luck!!!
  • Sandyrocks82
    Options
    Count me in as well.... :wink:
    Having a rough time getting back on track and hoping this will help.

No. Of Workouts planned: 25
    Type of Workouts: Spin Class/Cardio 3X week
    Strength Training 2X week

Hi, Welcome to the challenge. I too feel the difficulty to get back on trap.
    the whole point of this challenge is to facilitate accountability. We can do this.
  • Sandyrocks82
    Options
    How are you all doing in your workouts? Please update your experiences. For the past two days, I did only walking. Yesterday, I walked for 30 minutes. today, I walked for 50 minutes.

No of workouts completed: 2

Have a good day!!!
  • Angieh0811
    Options
    I did weight training yesterday. Legs and shoulders. My trainer killed me but it feels great.

# of workouts completed 1
  • keera988
    Options
    A day late, but I`m in! It`s been a struggle trying to ultimately step into a healthy lifestyle, and this challenge seems to be the bridge to getting there!

number of workouts: 25

type of workouts: 30 min jogs - 3 times a week; 45 min elliptical training- + pilates- 2 times a week; one day of strength training

we can do this ladies! just keep your mind focused and your body ready. You`re doing your body and your mind the biggest favour by taking care of your health. :happy:
  • thatsingergirl
    thatsingergirl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hey Chicas! Count me in! I have the EXACT same problem! Consistency.

OK, my plans for workouts are:
    3 X per week= Running on treadmill/elliptical trainer for 45-60 minutes
    3X per week = Kettlebell Class
    If I can't make it to Kettlebell class I want to do a Bodypump Class at 24 hr fitness, or a Jillian Michaels Video.

Since I have a heart rate monitor that tracks calories burned accurately, I try to make it my goal to burn at least 500 calories through exercise on each of my workouts.

Also, Please add me as a friend, and I'll make my food diary public to keep me accountable. I'm really bad about sneaking sugary snacks or junk food into my otherwise "clean" life!
  • Sandyrocks82
    Options
    I did weight training yesterday. Legs and shoulders. My trainer killed me but it feels great.

# of workouts completed 1

Awesome!!! what kind of workouts did you do for legs and shoulders? Can you pls share with us?
  • Sandyrocks82
    Options
    A day late, but I`m in! It`s been a struggle trying to ultimately step into a healthy lifestyle, and this challenge seems to be the bridge to getting there!

number of workouts: 25

type of workouts: 30 min jogs - 3 times a week; 45 min elliptical training- + pilates- 2 times a week; one day of strength training

we can do this ladies! just keep your mind focused and your body ready. You`re doing your body and your mind the biggest favour by taking care of your health. :happy:

Ho, Welcome to the challenge. I too struggle to stick to the lifestyle change. but I take it one day at a time and that helps a lot. Good luck
  • Sandyrocks82
    Options
    Hey Chicas! Count me in! I have the EXACT same problem! Consistency.

OK, my plans for workouts are:
    3 X per week= Running on treadmill/elliptical trainer for 45-60 minutes
    3X per week = Kettlebell Class
    If I can't make it to Kettlebell class I want to do a Bodypump Class at 24 hr fitness, or a Jillian Michaels Video.

Since I have a heart rate monitor that tracks calories burned accurately, I try to make it my goal to burn at least 500 calories through exercise on each of my workouts.

Also, Please add me as a friend, and I'll make my food diary public to keep me accountable. I'm really bad about sneaking sugary snacks or junk food into my otherwise "clean" life!

Hi, Welcome to the challenge. Your mix of workouts are great. We are here to keep each other accountable. Good luck.
  • Sandyrocks82
    Options
    This week is festival season for us in India and I am slacking behind in workouts. But I tried my best to keep my eating in contol. I had only a mouthful of sweets. I am back on the workout wagon now. Today, I did 50 minutes of walking. tomorrow, it is beginning of insanity workout.

Good day everyone!!
  • Sandyrocks82
    Options
    I have created a new entry in my bog about the reason behind binge eating or emotional eating during TOTM. Please feel free to add your comments. You can read the article at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Sandyrocks82/view/my-experiment-with-serotonin-437171.
  • Angieh0811
    Options
    I do 3 sets of each exercise and 15 reps. Leg work is: hack squat machine( not sure on weight), romainian squats (15 reps each leg), jump squats and dead lifts (20 pound dumbells). Shoulder work is: front raises(5 pound dumbells), shoulder press machine universal grip(20 pounds), 3 point raises (5 pound dumbells) and upright shoulder row (10 pound dumbells).

# of workouts done since October 18: 3 (2 cardio and 1 strength)
  • thatsingergirl
    thatsingergirl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Is there an actual group for this challenge? and if not, should we start one, so we can post our updates and stuff in it?
  • Sandyrocks82
    Options
    I like your idea. :drinker: There is no group for this. I will create a group and send an invitation to everyone.

Cheers