UK Singles?

Options
So who in this group is from the UK? I guess we could use this space to all chat and get to know one another :)

I'm Danny, I'm 22 and I live in Eastbourne

Replies

• castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    Hi Danny.

There are a few of us around, though massively outnumbered by the Americans. Welcome to Single Peeps!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Hey Danny,

London here!

Welcome aboard, enjoy the ride!! :flowerforyou:
  • Shotgun_Sinner
    Options
    Yes i noticed we were surrounded by those darn americans!! Hello to you both :)
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Hey, we are just like you, we just don't have cool accents...

Welcome from the US. My mom was born in Liverpool and spent her life moving around Cheshire, UK until she moved to the US at 18 years old. I spend most of my childhood going to visit her family and touring around that area. I love the UK - London being my favorite city - haven't been across the pond since 2001, just wish it was a little cheaper to do so!
  • Shotgun_Sinner
    Options
    If anything, you have better accents :P
  • kristen6022
    Options
    I don't know about better, but boy o boy when I am across the pond do I get looked at funny when I open my mouth!
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    I like the British.

Wish I had been good enough in tennis to win at the All England Club.

Grass tennis courts are near impossible to find in the US.
  • Shotgun_Sinner
    Options
    I dig the American accent. It's part of the reason why I long to go back!! Plus i did love the attention I got when I was across the pond from the ladies XD
  • remstar
    remstar Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    hiya,
    35 and from bath spa... looking :-)
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    Okay. We've met our quota of Brits. We'll mark it off on the diversity forms. Now go hide somewhere. :tongue: :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Okay. We've met our quota of Brits. We'll mark it off on the diversity forms. Now go hide somewhere. :tongue: :laugh: :bigsmile:

You know what they say about you Yanks: Oversexed, Overpaid and Overposting :tongue: :laugh: (except DMZ and Kristen of course, they have good tatste :wink: )

Welcome Danny and remstar :flowerforyou:

Remstar I was in Bath a few months ago at the thermal spa. My second visit. Have you been? That rooftop jacuzzi pool is something else! :glasses:
  • Shotgun_Sinner
    Options

You know what they say about you Yanks: Oversexed, Overpaid and Overposting :tongue: :laugh: (except DMZ and Kristen of course, they have good tatste :wink: )

Welcome Danny and remstar :flowerforyou:

Remstar I was in Bath a few months ago at the thermal spa. My second visit. Have you been? That rooftop jacuzzi pool is something else! :glasses:

That summed up the yanks quite well :P

I managed to miss that the last time I visited Bath. Will have to seek it out!!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

You know what they say about you Yanks: Oversexed, Overpaid and Overposting :tongue: :laugh:

I wish I was oversexed and overpaid :(
  • Shotgun_Sinner
    Options
    Don't we all ;)
  • kristen6022
    Options

You know what they say about you Yanks: Oversexed, Overpaid and Overposting :tongue: :laugh:

I hear ya sister! :laugh:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

:laugh: I was gonna say, I'm moving to America if that's the case!! :bigsmile:

How is it even possible to be over sexed?? I've been meeting the wrong guys! :sad:
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

How is it even possible to be over sexed?? I've been meeting the wrong guys! :sad:

Me too, I can count on one hand how many times I've been "oversexed" and it usually never lasted very long 8(

I've never been overpaid, *kitten*.
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options

"Over sexed, Over paid and Over here" was a widely used expression in the second world war when there were American bases in the UK. It was pure jealousy, the common perception was that the Americans got all the prettty local women :smile:
  • Shotgun_Sinner
    Options
    Probably because British girls are suckers for American accents :P At least in my experience : /
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    Probably because British girls are suckers for American accents :P At least in my experience : /

I'm a sucker for a Northern Irish accent. OMG!! HOT!!! I think I need to advertise on a dating site for one of those.... :bigsmile: