Just Had a Baby -- Back on MFP Again!

Options
Hey Everyone!

My name is Tricia. I'm 27 years old, married for almost 10 years to my wonderful Derrick, mother of now four beautiful wee ones; Evelyn 8, Maverick 5, Olivia 2 and Savannah (about) 2 weeks old! I just gave birth to my daughter on 10/5/2012. I'm still on my 6 week restriction from my PCP & OB, but they encourage watching what I eat and doing low-impact exercises (like walking & yoga on top of me already breastfeeding her). So far, I've lost 27 lbs. since my delivery date (woot!) and I cannot wait til I have fitness clearance (I'm a runner and have had the itch this ENTIRE high risk pregnancy). My family lives in sunny southern California, the city of Riverside. We love to be outdoors and though we love California weather, I'm kinda bummed the Autumn season hasn't kicked in yet, being it late October already!

Feel free to add me if you'd like, I could always use more inspiring and encouraging friends in my corner. Nice meeting you all! I'll try to post more in the forums when I can, though I mostly log in from my cellphone.

Thanks,
Tricia

Replies

• betsyserna
    betsyserna Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Trish! I had my baby almost 2 months ago so just getting back on here. Sadly Ive gained all my pre pregnancy weight loss weight BACK and having trouble trying to jump back in the routine I USE to have before the baby. Feeling really determined tho.
  • mzgafford
    mzgafford Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey there I had my lil one July 3 and I too am ready to get back into shape and especaily back into ALL my jeans that have collected dust for the last year now!! Though after birth I lost 20 but since then too I have gained 10 of it back! Biggest motivation as of now is a picture my 4 year old daughter took and it looked like i was still preggo so now I am on a mission! Good luck to ya enjoy your time with your little one!
  • hazysmama
    hazysmama Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Me too! I just gave birth 10/10/12 to a beautiful baby girl. I had used MFP to lose 30 lbs prior to getting pregnant. I remained active for the first 7 months of pregnancy. I gained those 30lbs back but have lost all of it since giving birth. I had a very smooth delivery and my midwife has given me the okay to start walking (max 30mins). We can do it ladies! Good luck to of you new mamas!
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Oh hey there. I just gave birth on 10/03/12. I gained 31 lbs over 41 weeks. I haven't weighed myself since, but I'm guessing I've got a good 20 lbs to lose. I'm breast feeding, so my goal is to get a minimum 1800 kcal/day and move my body more.

I've been trying to shower for the last two hours but this girl requires a lot of time on the tit. She gets fussy when she dozes off and I try to set her down. Then it's back on the boob for another 5-10 minutes. How do other new moms do anything besides marathon nursing/tv watching?
  • smartblonde529
    smartblonde529 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Way to go on losing so much weight already!!! Breastfeeding and watching your calories really does help and I lost most of my weight while nursing my kids. I just quit about a month ago and was worried I would have some trouble losing since I have either been pregnant or nursing for 3 years straight haha. It takes time to get back in shape but you will be there before you know it! I'll send you a friend request and anyone who wants more friends feel free to add me. I love making new friends and helping to motivate others and be motivated myself = )