OBESE is such an ugly word

Options
Just joined BWLW. I am 43 years old, 5'5-1/2 and as of today 178.8 pounds. I knew I was overweight but you know I like my curves, I get quite a few compliments when I am out and about so when the doctor told me I was in the obese category I started to tell her "To Get Her Life" LOL. OBESE is such an ugly word. Any quick diet you can name I have done it. Hope to get down to 155 the healthy way and maintain it. My focus right now is to drop the sodas and juice, cut out the fast food, watch my portions, and exercise regularly. I seem to keep falling off the wagon. I would love to stay connected with other sistas fighting this battle. Encouragement, suggestions, and support can make the difference in anyones day.

Tisha.

Replies

• ffcahokia
    Options
    Hey I understand where your coming from but together we can overcome any and all things...I'm just glad I have decided to do something because my goal is to get down about 45-50 lbs by next July because I want to be sexy and healthy when I turn 50 because I have been dreaming about wearing a red sexy slingy dress for over 20 years and by George I'm going to make that happen...So Obese or not were going to make this journey together my sister....Peace
  • Tea7779311
    Tea7779311 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well being more fabulous at 50 and wearing a sexy red dress on your big day is a great motivation tool. I am getting married next year and that is my motivation to get 25 pounds off but more so to keep it off. I believe I can get there but maintaining it, is going to be when the real work begins. Thanks for your encouraging words. :smile:
  • nomoon20
    Options
    I remember the first time the doctor told me I was obese, I think i was about 150 pounds at the time. Those charts don't take into account curves, culture, muscle weight or anything. So, I would take it with a grain of salt.