Anyone in their 20s?

Options
Hey guys!

I got my sleeve the 29th of August and am 22 years old from Boston. I've struggled with weight due to extreme PCOS from an early age, and recently came to the decision the sleeve was the best treatment option for me. I was wondering if there were any other Sleevers out there who are also going through this at this point in their lives?

This could be a great place for us to connect and chat, share successes and struggles and get some FitPal friends! Feel free to friend me!

How do you handle girl's night out?
What do you say when people comment on what you're eating?
What do you bring to eat on-the-go?
How had dating and relationships changed?

Replies

• HolsDoinIt
    HolsDoinIt Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    i am actually 28...i havent had my sleeve yet its scheduled for Nov 2nd
  • kjhendrickson90
    Options
    Congratulations - I bet you can't wait! I had mixed emotions about the whole thing. I was excited for the change in my life, but felt like I was admitting defeat. Now it just feels like a way of life.

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about the whole process. I know I was very curious in the beginning!
  • VaingloriousVictoria
    Options
    Hi! I'm 27 and married, so I am not sure if I can relate on the dating thing, but fooding, yes. :) I am always looking for motivated and energetic friends on MFP. Add me if you'd like!

How do you handle girl's night out?
    -I was never a big drinker. Up until about a week and a half ago, I hadn't had a drink since surgery. I have fun and cut loose just like anyone else. :)

What do you say when people comment on what you're eating?
    -All of my friends and colleagues know about my surgery. I have also explained what and how much of things I can eat, so they are very encouraging.
    -The servers at restaurants sometimes get nervous because I don't eat but 1/4 of my meal, but I tell them I'm not hungry or I am working on weight loss.

What do you bring to eat on-the-go?
    -I pack my lunch for work. When I was on soft mushy foods and liquid, it was hard eating out b/c of the amounts of protein, but now that I'm on regular foods, I have no problems finding things go eat out.
    -Chobani Greek Yogurt, almonds, protein bars, protein shakes, cheese, tuna, oysters, etc. those are good snacks on the go.