Hello, new here :-)

Options
Hello~ I just started the program today. I have read the book but I am looking for more meal ideas please. Thank you

Replies

• babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to check out my food diaries. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!! We're all here to help!
  • Peacubhue
    Peacubhue Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im brand new to here too... how can we check out your food logs??

I find meal planning the hardest thing to do.. and alot of programs want you to eat eggs which im deadly allergic to.. and i cant have milk proteins and gluten.. so dairy/whey and whole grains are out for me,,, I did however find pumpkin seed protein powder and use that instead.. So im hoping i will be able to use Chris's program and just modify it what i can eat. Is there anyone else out there in the same situation as me??
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Well babeinthemoon has her diary "open to the public" so all you have to do is click her picture here in the forums which takes you to her profile where you can click "view diary" or you can click the drop down arrow below her profile picture and select "view profile" and then click the "view diary" both routes get you to the same spot.

Mine is set differently, "open to friends" so you'd have to be on my friends list to see mine but you don't want to see mine I haven't been on plan in ages just figured I could address the question :)
  • babeinthemoon
    Options
    Im brand new to here too... how can we check out your food logs??

I find meal planning the hardest thing to do.. and alot of programs want you to eat eggs which im deadly allergic to.. and i cant have milk proteins and gluten.. so dairy/whey and whole grains are out for me,,, I did however find pumpkin seed protein powder and use that instead.. So im hoping i will be able to use Chris's program and just modify it what i can eat. Is there anyone else out there in the same situation as me??

Like Pandorian said, just click on my name and you can view my diary. Just as an aside, the last 10 days or so was really really crappy for me food wise... My week was super busy and stressful, and it was a slingshot week, so I just decided I wasn't going to "care" about the diet and just do my best to eat as close to calories as possible. I'm back on track starting yesterday at lunch! :)

Honestly, I think that Chris would want you to adapt his program to fit your dietary requirements. When you boil it down to the bare basics, you eat lean protein and veggies at every meal, with alternating smart fats or smart carbs. In your case, the healthy carbs can take the form of beans, brown rice, corn, quinoa, etc. Just because it is a carb doesn't necessarly mean that it has gluten in it. ;-)

I personally really like Chris's "smart foods guide" that I found on his website:
    http://www.chrispowell.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/ChrisPowell_SmartFoodsList.pdf
    It is much more detailed, and more helpful than what he has in the book.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I've got that list on the freezer! It is quite handy though there's a lot on there that i just don't have in the house right now. But you get used to subbing in the right things once you know what you can have in certain slots. But the HC / LC days... those still boggle me
  • babeinthemoon
    Options
    Give the HC/LC days time. Usually I do pretty good with them.. However, occasionally when eating out, I forget to ask for "dressing on the side" when I remember to ask for no cheese on a salad. Sigh. So, I enjoy my salad anyway, and decide to be more careful for the rest of the day. I'm lucky enough to prepare most of my meals at home, so this doesn't happen too often, but it does.

Personally, I'm trying to teach myself to eat healthy foods in healthy proportions, most of the time. I see Chris' food plan as a tool that I can use for the rest of my life. This means that I will have bad days, or even bad weeks... but I will get back on track, and start over at every meal if I have to!

This is the battle that I'm fighting right now: I am an emotional eater. But I have come to realize, that with the help of God, I can have the self-control to do what is healthy for me and my family. It’s at times like these, when I feel like I have no control over the situation I have found myself in, that I realize that I CAN have the control over what I put in my mouth and how I exercise.

There are no more excuses anymore; just fact and truth. This is why my food logs show things like the crappy breakfast I had yesterday. I have a terrible sinus cold right now, and I *decided* to eat crap. I could have had a breakfast shake, but I didn't, because I didn't want to. But even with the crap I had in the morning, I still ended up okay for the day. Not great, but okay. Today is a new day, and tomorrow will be a new one too. :)

Good luck with your journey!